selling lego

EssexDealer

i have been looking for a good site to sell lego sets , as ebay i dont think value the true value and sentimental value/rareity of some sets

i am looking for advice as to how i can sell my sets but not using ebay , or other web sites you other users have used to sell lego sets

i have pirate, town (new/retro/legoland) , castle , trains, space, lego system and lego land sets and ranges ages

any advice will be greatly appreciated

There are two main options for older sets:  Ebay and Bricklink.  It is easier to sell sets through Ebay, but Bricklink's fees are lower.  There are some other websites that have been trying to create new markets for Lego sets like Brickowl.  I haven't paid any attention to them.  You can also try direct sales through websites like this, but the best advice I can give you is to get comfortable with Ebay since that is the best place to sell used sets.

The true value of items is what the market will pay at any given time. The market does take into account sentiment, but only the buyer's sentiment, not the seller's. 

eBay for used, Amazon or eBay for best prices in most cases, Bricklink in some cases for complete sets although I think most of us do better there with parts.

If you really want to try to find premium dollars with sentiment attached, you could try Lego clubs, but those guys are probably savvy enough to know their prices and are unlikely to overpay you versus what they can get the item for on eBay, Bricklink, etc.

There are two main options for older sets:  Ebay and Bricklink.  It is easier to sell sets through Ebay, but Bricklink's fees are lower.  There are some other websites that have been trying to create new markets for Lego sets like Brickowl.  I haven't paid any attention to them.  You can also try direct sales through websites like this, but the best advice I can give you is to get comfortable with Ebay since that is the best place to sell used sets.

cheers mate only thing is people on their dont relaly value the true value of the lego sets i have seen or sold on their (ebay) never tried bricklink i will try the other link you sent me brickowl

i have been looking for a good site to sell lego sets , as ebay i dont think value the true value and sentimental value/rareity of some sets

i am looking for advice as to how i can sell my sets but not using ebay , or other web sites you other users have used to sell lego sets

i have pirate, town (new/retro/legoland) , castle , trains, space, lego system and lego land sets and ranges ages

any advice will be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the site.  All the suggestions they have made are good ones.  Our Brick Classifieds will be launched VERY soon.  As far as costs, etc, no one will be able to match our project.  Just be patient for a little bit more, and you will have something to use here.

• Like 3

Welcome to the site.  All the suggestions they have made are good ones.  Our Brick Classifieds will be launched VERY soon.  As far as costs, etc, no one will be able to match our project.  Just be patient for a little bit more, and you will have something to use here.

thank you for the advice i hope the shop will be set up soon i think it will be better to put my items on a members site rather than a poor buyer on ebay

cheers mate only thing is people on their dont relaly value the true value of the lego sets i have seen or sold on their (ebay) never tried bricklink i will try the other link you sent me brickowl

What exactly are you basing the "true value" of the sets on? If it's not realized market prices at this moment in time, why do you expect buyers to pay more?

i mainly expect buyers not to be cheap and not try and just grab a bargain some people dont know what they are bidding on or the true value of what they are bidding on and i would rather sell to a collector aswell because i feel they value lego sets more than just a bargain hunter, the amount of items i have had to take down and relist because of people being cheap

Don't run auctions. Set a fixed price and wait for a buyer to come along. You can always reduce the price after a certain amount of time if it doesn't sell, and if you want to.

With auctions in almost all cases, you will leave money on the table. Auction buyers are almost always looking for bargains - I know, I buy on auction but sell at fixed price.

i mainly expect buyers not to be cheap and not try and just grab a bargain some people dont know what they are bidding on or the true value of what they are bidding on and i would rather sell to a collector aswell because i feel they value lego sets more than just a bargain hunter, the amount of items i have had to take down and relist because of people being cheap

Just asking...do u have a "true value" of each set in mind as you're getting ready to sell? On ebay you have all the power as a seller to control how low you want to price your set. Whether you do a fixed price or even when setting the initial bid amount for an auction. You could even post on the high end and accept Best Offers, knowing what the lowest acceptable price is for you. Depending on ebay buyers to set the "true value" for you is rather risky. If you're not in a hurry to sell everything you don't necessarily have to compromise on price. IMO selling on BL is hard unless you have a rare set. If its rather common, it's too easy to get buried among the hundreds or thousands of other listings out there...

• Like 1