5766 - Log Cabin

pins79

What are your thoughts on this little set?  I didn't bother to buy any when on sale at S/**** and it appears these are now EOL based on being sold out at S/****, walmart, target, amazon, and being incredibly difficult to find at TRU.  

Good or mediocre potential?

• 1 month later...

For those in Canada, bestbuy.ca has this set on for $29 + tax but free shipping.  At this point, this looks like the best deal you'll probably get on this set (retail in Canada was $39.99).

I snagged a couple more just in case my $60 prediction is the conservative low end and it ends up between 80-100.

I am currently trying to come up with a build from all three of this set I have in my collection. Perhaps a little shanty for all my Fusebots from The Lego Movie. Haha. On a building note, it's weird how although I know exactly what I have for a selection in parts, I'm still not sure if there is enough to build something with everything laid out before me. I'm looking at forty five separate 1x4's thinking "Is that even enough to build a wall?" When apart, parts don't quite look like they will be enough.

Anyway, I kind of like the parts used for the Log Cabin over the latest Mountain Hut just for the fact that the Log Cabin has the longer bricks like 1x6's and 1x4's whereas the Mountain Hut is comprised of a huge load of 1x2's with some 1x3's but not a single 1x4 anywhere. However, the Mountain Hut does feature some other special parts so I suppose it's a tie for what you want more.

That reminds me Orc, have you seen the prices that 60056 and 60059 are fetching right now?  Turbo-flipping or what?

Now that you brought it to my attention, I have. Phew, that's turbo-flipping if I ever saw it. Well, if they actually do sell, I'll give the seller credit for scoring a decent touchdown. Here I see the highest listing for that Logging Truck is $64.95. Oh but he offers free shipping so it's cool. :lol:

Sheesh, you will never catch me paying levels above retail for an item we will see everywhere from stores in just a few weeks or months even. I don't need a set that bad. Plus I'm a pennypincher aka major cheapass. Now with that said, I do like this year's City sets like the Tow Truck.

Guest TabbyBoy

Now that you brought it to my attention, I have. Phew, that's turbo-flipping if I ever saw it. Well, if they actually do sell, I'll give the seller credit for scoring a decent touchdown. Here I see the highest listing for that Logging Truck is $64.95. Oh but he offers free shipping so it's cool. :lol:

Sheesh, you will never catch me paying levels above retail for an item we will see everywhere from stores in just a few weeks or months even. I don't need a set that bad. Plus I'm a pennypincher aka major cheapass. Now with that said, I do like this year's City sets like the Tow Truck.

Yep, an impatient fool and is money are soon parted.

Well, no theme but there are a couple of sets....kind of.

60059_alt1.png

tmp_image.png

I think the Forest City Police Station also loosely ties into the Log Cabin.  Or maybe I'm reading too much into TLG's sets.  I do think there are enough logging and forest-y type things to make a pretty cool area outside a city now.

I think the Forest City Police Station also loosely ties into the Log Cabin.  Or maybe I'm reading too much into TLG's sets.  I do think there are enough logging and forest-y type things to make a pretty cool area outside a city now.

I didn't even think about the Forest Police Station mostly because it is a Police set. However, it could work beside a Log Cabin or two. On a related note, it would be neat if more of the City went out into the 'boonies'. :) Hopefully though they won't end up looking like a scene straight out from "Deliverance". :lol: