Target 20% off coupon part 2: how to score 7965 for $80

varmintt

In follow up to my previous post and in hopes the discussion will not degrade into another play on acronyms for bodily functions, I share with you folks my experience this week with the coupon.

As I said before, the targets around me are adamant about applying any coupons before any price matching which of course renders them useless. However I found that if you have several other items to purchase, have customer service ring you up for the whole lot, and spring the coupon on them at the last second, they forget about the price match policy and just take the coupon to avoid having to do the whole thing over. I was able to score two 7965 falcons for 79.50 at different targets this way (among other things). If anyone is sitting on this coupon wondering what to get, this may be a decent use for it.

I have always given any cashier the coupons I'm using after everything has been rung up. Nothing particularly sneaky about it and they have to wait until the end to scan them in the system anyway. Two of the three times where I did a price match then coupons worked as it should. (By that I mean I got the price match reduction then the coupon discount tacted on afterwards.)

• Like 1

You're right that the system will usually take the coupon but the difference is getting them to apply it AFTER the price match which apparently is not how their policy is worded.  If you're target is lax with this policy then I'm happy for you but this has not been the case at any of the targets near me.  I have had the CS do the price match and when I am ready to pay they reject the coupon on the price matched item.  They literally go back, apply the coupon, then will proceed with the PM if the online price is lower.  This strict application of coupon policy may just be a local problem that I get to deal with.   I have even had the CS team member see the coupon in my hand and explain their coupon policy before we even start the PM process (hence the need to spring the coupon at the last minute).  Either way I was happy to find a work around in having a cart load of purchases for them to ring up.  By the time they were done ringing everything up they just wanted me out of their face and gladly accepted the coupon without question.  Worked for me at 2 targets that had previously refused coupons on PM'd items.

Regardless I was happy with the $80 falcons. 

You're right that the system will usually take the coupon but the difference is getting them to apply it AFTER the price match which apparently is not how their policy is worded.  If you're target is lax with this policy then I'm happy for you but this has not been the case at any of the targets near me.  I have had the CS do the price match and when I am ready to pay they reject the coupon on the price matched item.  They literally go back, apply the coupon, then will proceed with the PM if the online price is lower.  This strict application of coupon policy may just be a local problem that I get to deal with.   I have even had the CS team member see the coupon in my hand and explain their coupon policy before we even start the PM process (hence the need to spring the coupon at the last minute).

Sometimes you have the real sticklers or even just 'moody' employees. Either way, I always try to be courteous as I can and things usually go well.

Either way I was happy to find a work around in having a cart load of purchases for them to ring up.  By the time they were done ringing everything up they just wanted me out of their face and gladly accepted the coupon without question.

This always works too. :thumbsup: Load 'em up so they'll wanna ship ya out!