FAO Swarz and LEGO

Browsing their website I came across the LEGO section and while I think the prices are not the best, they have a great selection and all of the sets seem to be in stock. They also offer free shipping on orders over 99.00 I think. Just a site to keep in mind as a last resort when looking for soon to be or already EOLed sets. I know most of you hate paying retail or slightly above but sometimes emergencies happen, you will will not burst into flames if you have to pay retail once or twice lol!!! http://www.fao.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11813410&sr=1&origkw=LEGO

Just as an FYI, they are owned by TRU, and they will frequently have the same sales running as TRU (and share the same online stock). The best thing to watch for however is around holiday time they will usually have a $25 off $125 coupon code (or something similar) that you can stack with a sale to get some nice savings online. Walmart and Target are being aggressive with pricing this holiday season, and TRU has announced that they will start price matching..while this is not necessarily interesting, it does show that TRU is going to likely need to play catchup this fall and may be aggressive through other means such as sales and coupons. Look for it to start in earnest as Black Friday approaches. Last year I scored some good deals at TRU when they would do a $20 off $100 or more as a "sale" plus applying an available coupon. Got a Fire Brigade for about $100 this way.