question about tru and a deal for you

hxckid88

two things.

1. I got the tru card today as they told me it was free. I am not referring to the credit card. Just the regular here ya go card that scans when you make  a purchase. I searched the forums didn't see my answer. My question is what do I get? I'm assuming just random coupons as I am on a mailing list?

2. I have 90.00 in the gift cards they gave out today. I will not use them and if anyone would like them just private message me. I will sell them to you for a steal. Feel free to low ball me.

Thanks.

two things.

1. I got the tru card today as they told me it was free. I am not referring to the credit card. Just the regular here ya go card that scans when you make  a purchase. I searched the forums didn't see my answer. My question is what do I get? I'm assuming just random coupons as I am on a mailing list?

2. I have 90.00 in the gift cards they gave out today. I will not use them and if anyone would like them just private message me. I will sell them to you for a steal. Feel free to low ball me.

Thanks.

Are you talking about the rewards card? You earn rewards. It ends up being like 1% back in rewards.

Agreed....I spent over 3k there the last 60 days or so....got two $5 coupons in mail today....unless it's a long vesting period, and some of my spend was not accounted for yet...which is probably the case.  Does anyone  know if the new cc account 15% off first order can be used online?  May open the card and buy some high dollar sets next time they have a rebate.  Those technic trucks we got free are a score!

For someone  who is constantly down on tru....and most things in general..truth be told, I was heartened by my last 20 or so tru experiences.  The stores were nice, clean, crowded with a friendly crowd, and fun.  The deals are  great, service was fine, and stores were laid out well for the most part.  Website loads easily, easy to navigate, and checkout was seam less.  One store had its  lego isle decimated with a debris field ala walmart....but it was in the middle of the 50% technic sale---and the place was packed....so I am sure it couldn't be helped.  Their free lego builds on Saturday are well staffed, well run, and are a joy to my family to attend. 

All that being said....those are top line attributes.  I hope some of it transfers to the bottom, and they weather the storm.  It's the last nice toy store in my area.  I always liked kb and child world better growing  up, but tru is a fine store.  If only they would bring back those huge orange price stickers for nostalgia!

Agreed....I spent over 3k there the last 60 days or so....got two $5 coupons in mail today....unless it's a long vesting period, and some of my spend was not accounted for yet...which is probably the case.  Does anyone  know if the new cc account 15% off first order can be used online?  May open the card and buy some high dollar sets next time they have a rebate.  Those technic trucks we got free are a score!

The 15% off should be in store only. I didn't see a way to use it online.

The one thing I hate about tru online is the lack of sso protocol.   Is it really necessary to have 3 different authenitification steps with different  user/pw to access the checkout, wishlist, and points areas.  I assume the credit card is another set, and PayPal info is not stored...so if you like PayPal...you better love user name and passwords as well, because you will need those as well to check out.  I happen to love sign on credentialing, as I have multiple accounts at multiple stores...and have a spread sheet with them all....but the casual user must get fed up and not bother.

Come on tru.....single sign on in 2014!  Ebay will help you square it away for cheap!