Sets of 2013 - The List

Is it just me or does the now castle series look lame? The last castle series had a bunch of cool details, structures and creatures. Kingdoms did away with the creatures, but there were still nice details and features that made me consider buying. What is the strength of this series? I know that it is geared towards 8 year olds, but you can still include some new twists and creative features. The new series looks ugly, generic and boring compared to what has come before.

Vikings would be cool. "Vikings" on the history channel was pretty popular this spring and is coming back for another season (I'm personally a fan). Increasing popularity might help make a new series possible: the popularity of "The Walking Dead" definately had something to do with the fact that the MF Zombies sets sold out so quickly.

Is it just me or does the now castle series look lame? The last castle series had a bunch of cool details, structures and creatures. Kingdoms did away with the creatures, but there were still nice details and features that made me consider buying. What is the strength of this series? I know that it is geared towards 8 year olds, but you can still include some new twists and creative features. The new series looks ugly, generic and boring compared to what has come before.

Tru. Dat. I hate the new series as well... :vampire:

Vikings would be cool. "Vikings" on the history channel was pretty popular this spring and is coming back for another season (I'm personally a fan). Increasing popularity might help make a new series possible: the popularity of "The Walking Dead" definately had something to do with the fact that the MF Zombies sets sold out so quickly.

Very true. Also a fan of the show. I like to watch in binges though. I think I am just through the first 4 episodes. Could definitely translate into a popular lego theme again.

• 5 weeks later...

Besides refinding my old thread and re'pin'ing it, I had some links to add for once in what seems like a long time.

(Go to the original main post to find them, of course.)

Bricks & More

Creative Chest

Creative Tower

Technic

Mini Off-Roader

Monster Truck

Hero Factory

Surge

Stormer

Frost Beast

Dragon Bolt

Oh, and remember that large Town Square mentioned before which we did not have an actual price for?

6_alt1.png

Well it has been confirmed to be $119.99.

Besides being in the middle of a HUGE update to the list where I am trying to add international retails for every single 2013 set, Darth Lego brought to my attention that The Brick Fan had posted an article for upcoming polybags. One of which is the BMW set. (Don't get your hopes up; it really is disappointing and a rerelease of an older Racers set!)

Anyway, here are the images.

8928912441_4d871b79fd_o.jpg
Hot Dog Cart Polybag (40078)

8929520062_011b818029_o.jpg
Christmas Tree Polybag (30186)

8929520040_1a2403547a_o.jpg
Lawnmower Polybag (30224)

8928912531_d801b68a9a_o.jpg
Coast Guard Seaplane Polybag (30225)

8928912503_c24305190b_o.jpg
Fall Scene (40057)

8929559617_b9aeddc894_o.jpg
Geoffrey the Giraffe Polybag (40077)

8929559905_d5aac83182_o.jpg
BMW Polybag (40200) A rerelease of Off-Road Racer 2 (30035)

• Like 1

About roughly half way through with adding international retail rates for every set across the board. At this stage you should be able to see what I'm striving for in the end. Under each individual set will be its price for United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, and Europe in general. I am hoping this will make the list more usefull to all members and give American citizens such as myself a real opener on just how much more other countries really do have to pay for Lego.

Well, I am almost finished adding international retail prices to everything as well as organizing the list itself much better than before. Hopefully when it is complete, this will be the most complied and complete listing of every single set for 2013.

I also added links for a couple of the City polybags which are Lawnmower and Coast Guard Seaplane.

Over the span of many, many, days, I finally managed to reorganize the entire list and add international retails. There are a few prices which are still unknown at this time (or I haven't found it yet) but this should essentially be the definitive listing (with links) of every single Lego set released for the year 2013. I have a scant few items left to add and sort but as of right now, the list is as it should be.

I hope this helps in every way for whatever the reason is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

From a personal standpoint, I'm loving the new Coast Guard sets and  LOTR. The Creator house looks nice as well. From an investing standpoint... well I should keep hush hush on my choices until I finish my article ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't exactly sure where to put a thread about new sets (new forum topic in order?), so I put it in Odds & Ends. Feel free to move it around though!

TRU has a page up with 14 new sets from Chima and Friends. None of them are surprising I think, but I don't look at those two themes too often. :P 

My favorite is the Lion CHI Temple 70010:

'>

Friends Sets:

Dolphin Cruiser 41015

Downtown Bakery 41006

Olivia's Beach Buggy 41010

Emma's Sports Car 41013

Andrea's Bedroom 41009

Heartlake High 41005

Chima Sets:

Eglor's Twin Bike 70007

Gorzan's Gorilla Striker 70008

Sky Joust 70114

Skunk Attack 70107

Whirling Vines 70109

Royal Roost 70108

Worriz's Combat Lair 70009

The Lion CHI Temple 70010

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy%252FTRUS%252F2254197&kw=auglegonew&origkw=auglegonew&kwCatId=&view=all&csm=457581741&csc=2799750&csa=401088481&csu=2810554&camp=CME:EM072213B%2520TRU%2520Cyber%2520Email%2520-%2520Lego%2520New%2520Items

I added a good number of new sets which were missing from the list including certain polybags and recent Comic-Con exclusives. I also used the new spoiler feature to condense the list down to a very minimal and manageable size. It should be much easier to skim through the entire list by only needing to expand the theme you wish to view and then close it again when done.

I went through and added a lot of retails missing prior and there is a placeholder area for Books now since I will be adding those to the list in due time such as the DK Brickmaster series and The Yoda Chronicles to name a few. This is getting even closer to being the definitive list for all sets and items of 2013.

• 5 months later...