42009 Mobile Crane MK II

kunfuzd

$60 (negotiated) from an initial post of $150, $100, and $80 (over 7 days) after I noticed the gouge in the sealed box...

Debating on whether to build OR sit on it for future sale.  :sweat:

How much would this type of damage drive down the value?

10%  20%  ???

Any thoughts?

post-293-0-48002700-1384731516_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-94843500-1384731528_thumb.jpg

There is an article written about box damage. Here is a link.

If you are going to get more of these in the future, then I would build this one because of the box condition. I always build the set in the worst condition because if I get more sets in the future, the boxes will probably be in better shape. Sometimes you can even pick out the best box if you are in TRU or at the Lego Store.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Build it! 42009 is still around. Even if  you'll have to pick one up at full MSRP you'd still get good CAGR out of it.  But at $60 bucks you now have a great opportunity to build an ultimate 42009 mod :).  Mine was 300 on top of 200 for the original set.  Once you build ultimate 42009 you'd be a TECHNIC fan forever. 

• Like 1

Build it! 42009 is still around. Even if  you'll have to pick one up at full MSRP you'd still get good CAGR out of it.  But at $60 bucks you now have a great opportunity to build an ultimate 42009 mod :).  Mine was 300 on top of 200 for the original set.  Once you build ultimate 42009 you'd be a TECHNIC fan forever. 

Done!

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/1320-what-set-did-you-build-today/page-30#entry220229