Buying Limits from S@H

menoknow3

I have a question concerning this topic. I have bought a simpson house VIP online. Limit for Belgium is 1. Is it even possible to buy another one online and if so is it safe to buy another one in the near future (being an exclusive lego shop product) or is this also a risk of being banned? If it is not possible I presume that buying it in a lego shop is possible, but then without VIP points? Are there other options for this exclusive sets "problem" (maersk, parisian resto, mars explorer). Tnx

Can someone educate me to what is exclusive to the Lego store. I realize there are exclusive sets only sold by some retailers. Such as the Funhouse at TRU. To me, a Lego set exclusive to the Lego store can be sold by some other retailers, but never discounted below Lego retail price. I realize some retailers will offer gift cards to circumvent this. When I search "exclusive" section at Lego S&**** they list a lot of sets that have seen discounted at one time and their listed as "hard to find". I'm try to determine which sets can only be discounted by Lego S&**** and are exclusive. Such as Grand Emporium, Tower Bridge, etc.

Does anyone know what exactly will get you banned from shop@home? 

I bought 6 orc forges (the limit) from there last year, since there were none to be found at target for b&m lego stores.  I was building my army of white hand uruks, so I took the figures and armor and sold the bricks on bricklink.

Last week I ordered 6 each (the max) of helicopter rescue and the baxter tmnt set when they went to 50% off on clearance.  I'm planning on keeping one of each and stashing the rest to sell.  If I see a good clearance sale on shop@home, I'm usually going to buy the max possible (5 or 6 is typical). 

Is this type of shopping going to get me banned, or at least put me on their radar?

Does anyone know what exactly will get you banned from shop@home? 

I bought 6 orc forges (the limit) from there last year, since there were none to be found at target for b&m lego stores.  I was building my army of white hand uruks, so I took the figures and armor and sold the bricks on bricklink.

Last week I ordered 6 each (the max) of helicopter rescue and the baxter tmnt set when they went to 50% off on clearance.  I'm planning on keeping one of each and stashing the rest to sell.  If I see a good clearance sale on shop@home, I'm usually going to buy the max possible (5 or 6 is typical). 

Is this type of shopping going to get me banned, or at least put me on their radar?

From what I have read on the forums, to get banned from LEGO Shop at Home, you must be abusing the limits for the sets. Placing multiple orders for a particular set is a way to get yourself banned. If these are the only two times you have ordered to the limit, you shouldn't be banned.

• 1 year later...

When Lego LEGO Shop at Home has a limit of 1 (say on the tumbler) does that mean you can order 1 and that's it or is it 1 per order (or 1 per period)?

Obviously I'll find out soon but wondering if anyone could enlighten me (I'd like to get 2 btw).

1 per household, period, pretty much

Edited by exciter1

I have been ordering 1 tumbler every other month from shop at home with no issues. Same with the slave I. The month in between I order 1 of each from Amazon. This way I have been acquiring 1 of each set every month, and have been doing so since they were both released. Slow and steady, and I won't be playing the F5 game when these two beautiful sets retire.

I only have 1 account and shipping address, and use the same credit card every time. Others may have had a different experience, but it's worked fine for me.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I used my credit card with my home billing address to send a Red 5 to a family member's house (different address than my billing address obviously). I already purchased 2 Red 5s (limit 2) to send to my house. Lego cancelled the order that was going to my relative's house without sending me a notification.  I called customer service and they said there might be an issue with the billing address not matching the delivery address.  They then emailed their logistics team to contact me back the next couple of days to see if I can reinstate the order. Has this happened to any of you guys before?  Any assistance would be appreciated.  And I can't get banned because the limit places restrictions on households not individuals, correct? 

Edited by Cashmoney-0

I used my credit card with my home billing address to send a Red 5 to a family member's house (different address than my billing address obviously). I already purchased 2 Red 5s (limit 2) to send to my house. Lego cancelled the order that was going to my relative's house without sending me a notification.  I called customer service and they said there might be an issue with the billing address not matching the delivery address.  They then emailed their logistics team to contact me back the next couple of days to see if I can reinstate the order. Has this happened to any of you guys before?  Any assistance would be appreciated.  And I can't get banned because the limit places restrictions on households not individuals, correct? 

Something similar just happened to me, where they (the automated system, said the agent) cancelled several of my orders due to questionable increased spending on the account; basically the way I understood it, there's an automated system in place to protect you as a card holder. Spoke with Customer Service, they told me the same thing, had to contact distribution team. He collected and verified my info, told me to keep an eye on the orders and call back in a couple days if nothing changed. They went from Cancelled to In Warehouse within 24 hours. If you called already, just give it a bit and it should sort itself out.  

• 2 weeks later...

Some items have had their limits chaged as from Nov  @ EU shop.

Ferrari F40 and TBBT are now 5, which is the average limit for exclusives. 10 is the part for non exclusives.

Tumbler: 2

Ecto: 2

Birds: 2

Wall E: 1

Temple of Airjitzu: 1

SW: 1

10249: 1

Red 5: 2

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Some items have had their limits chaged as from Nov  @ EU shop.

Ferrari F40 and TBBT are now 5, which is the average limit for exclusives. 10 is the part for non exclusives.

Tumbler: 2

Ecto: 2

Birds: 2

Wall E: 1

Temple of Airjitzu: 1

SW: 1

10249: 1

Red 5: 2

Guess that's just their way to make sure they can supply enough customers now that the christmas sales are coming.

(What is SW?)

30 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Santa´s Workshop. Since we expect 10240 is retiring, the elephant in the room is Tumbler as that has been out the longest yet it always seems to have had a low limit.

I don't know... would seem odd to me if they'd retire it this year. I'd figure it's time will come next year.

On the other hand personally I'd be happy as I look forward to selling my copies ^.^

1 hour ago, Locutus001 said:

Guess that's just their way to make sure they can supply enough customers now that the christmas sales are coming.

(What is SW?)

Yeah you'd think so, but RE was limit 5 last week when it was in stock. You 'd have though they would of dropped the limit on those too.

• 3 weeks later...

A few minutes ago all LEGO Exclusives that didn't already have limit 1 (e. g. 76023 Tumbler) were set to limit 1 at LEGO Shop at Home EU.

For example see: 10188, 10214, 10218, 10220, 10232, 10234, 10236, 10240, 10243, 10244, 10246, 10247, 71006, 71016...

One and only exception: 70810 Sea Cow.

Something is afoot...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wildemar said:

A few minutes ago all LEGO Exclusives that didn't already have limit 1 (e. g. 76023 Tumbler) were set to limit 1 at LEGO Shop at Home EU.

For example see: 10188, 10214, 10218, 10220, 10232, 10234, 10236, 10240, 10243, 10244, 10246, 10247, 71006, 71016...

Something is afoot...

It might be a scheme of TLG to divert the overabundant cash in the hands of consumers to everyone's favourite exclusive. Who wouldn't love to MOC a giant Metalbeard's Sea Cow out of 5 sets over the holidays?

Something is afoot...

Probably trying to keep some inventory to concentrate on Star Wars. As far as Sea Cow, they probably wanna get rid of it altogether...

44 minutes ago, Wildemar said:

Something is afoot...

Nothing shady there. I suspect it's preparation for the Brick Friday promotion. Lego are clearly attempting to instill processes to attain better stock control this year.

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

So I deduce SC is a goner  that they are happy with sales levels of other products. Interesting that SOH has been capped at 1.

I'd assume that SOH either stays for another year or it's a set not produced anymore and with low stock levels which they want to have available for holiday shoppers in the coming weeks.

8 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

I'd assume that SOH either stays for another year or it's a set not produced anymore and with low stock levels which they want to have available for holiday shoppers in the coming weeks.

I think it stays for another year.  TB is the one going.  Big Ben is being added in 2016, and until the next big creator landmark is announced, I think we will still see SOH available for a little while longer.  Just my speculation, but I doubt we see both TB and SOH retire.