Has anyone picked up any of the bricktober minifigure sets?

Sflego86

I've gotten the blue and green sets so far. Error on getting the yellow, as I had purchased my order online and it included the set, then when I got my confirmation, it was gone. I complained but TRU's customer service didn't help. Anyone else been picking these up? It's been somewhat difficult to be sneaky under TRU's jacked up prices, but i've been able to pick up sets i've liked for LEGO retail just above the $60 threshold.

I haven't gotten any of these yet. I have considered forcing myself to buy at TRU (lol) to get them, but I just can't justify paying their prices. The sets are cool, but I am already to a point where I need to be conscious of what is filling up my LEGO storage space, and I just don't quite need these sets that badly. I've got a Tower Bridge I need to find room for! :)

I usually try to avoid sets that are released for the purpose of collecting as people will buy dozens of them and store them MISB in their closet. Years later when you go to flip the set you have a market thats flooded with a bazillion mint condition sets. i try to focus on sleeper sets not advertised as collectable that will always be popular like trains, pirates, modular, castle and sets that people buy and build/play with, which leaves the aftermarket supply low of MISB sets.