Toys R Us Receipt

willy431

Am I the only one who has no idea what a tru receipt means? I don't know if I did well, or took it in the hoop every time I set foot in the place lately. They had series 11 2 for 5. And bogo skylanders at 40% off...and the plush for 5 after spending fitty. I have no idea what I paid for anything.

I am assuming I missed out on the mini fig sale...or heard the guy wrong...didn't see a sign...but kid happened by and mentioned they were 2 for 5 so grabbed a couple.

post-14194-0-44941900-1384213875_thumb.j

• Like 1

The number at the top  right across from the item is what you paid for the item. The numbers doing the math underneath show you how it got that number.

For example, your Vampire Castle you paid $74.34 for it. It was 119.99 and it was $40 off bringing it to 79.99. You then used a $10 reward i'm guessing. It prorated that reward so that 5.65 of the reward went towards your Vampire Castle. Which brings it to the 74.34.

The reason it does that with the coupon is incase you return it. They will deduct that 5.65 from the return so you only get the 74.34 back.

Thanks folks.....now it is all clear!  Sale must have been over the kid didn't know.  I used a 10 off 100 coupon....now I get it...I was expecting 10 off at the end...but that makes sense. I guess the plush on every line is the same thing...in case of returns they want that back...or to charge full price.

This was a semi easy one.....some of my past receipts were 3 feet long and  looked like journal entries in a ledger with offsets here, discount there...what a mess

Yea, the more coupons you use the more chaotic it gets because it prorates each coupon across each item. Throw in reward bucks and the same thing happens. Like if you use 3 $10's and 2 $5's and one of the 20% off coupons, it will literally prorate all 5 coupons across every item and have a line where it takes the 20% off of each item too. Whatever is on the line directly across the top where the item is is exactly what you paid for each item and what you can expect to get back if you return it.

What sucks even more about them is if you use all those rewards and stuff, its like impossible to properly adjust if they forget something.

The other day I bought a Cruiser 75025 and used a gift card, rewards coupons, the coupon for getting a gift card and some other coupon - came out to like 35.00.

I asked for the 10% with my card, but the girl forgot. I went back to try and get it put on, and they had to just do a manager override partial refund. What sucks is they just gave me 3.50 back as 10% of what I paid. I told them that wasn't right because it would have taken it off before all the rewards. They disagreed. Unfortunately the manager I know well wasn't there.

In reality, if I hadn't used all the rewards they could have done it easily.