Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

18 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

and the quantity .... checked a few and was really surprised. 200 x Lego Hogwarts Art  450+  x Chevy Camaro.. etc....

they are a reseller aggregator and could potentially have that type of volume to dump however i only see them listing FBM so the stock quantity is pretty meaningless. 

i got that many too. yeah right here. lol  

spoofing excess available stock quantity is one way to get a buybox, especially on a crowded turd listing which is exactly the type of set revend specializes in given they are the resellers' reseller.  also anyone contemplating sending a big pallet fba of these sets may possibly take a pause to reconsider because not only they going up against revend but all the other undercutters who will be actively trying to make a sale.

sales are down across the board this time of year but more so than than the last 2 years so all levers are being pulled.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, xeeeej said:

Just a theory, but if the legal net is closing in on revend, they may be dumping everything to make a quick escape to Cambodia.

After more than 3 months, I was able to get all of my stock returned. 

It took more than a month to get any response at all, after pinging through every contact I had there multiple times. 
It then took more than 2 months to have them set up a return. And even at that point I had no idea things were going to come back.
Eventually I had a ****-ton of stuff delivered randomly. I had couple dozen smaller items missing, but I assume they sold and got credited to someone else.... as it wasn't uncommon for me to have random items I never sent in credited to me, so I'll call it a wash. I also had one item returned that I never sent them.

I didn't overdo it there like some people, but still tens of thousands of inventory over the years. 53% was the total lost to fees through them. This includes platform fees, vendor fees, storage, and shipping. 

Gross profit after fees was 99.4%, which is nothing to complain about at face value. But while not having control of your stock, many items missed prime selling windows. Looking at my spreadsheets, profit would have been at least 2.5x higher selling on my own, and much higher on a lot of items that missed their big bumps. 

I think they had a fine idea that grew too fast because they accepted too many people in before having the logistics figured out. Then moving all the inventory to another state just compounded things and it all collapsed from there.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, cladner said:

they are a reseller aggregator and could potentially have that type of volume to dump however i only see them listing FBM so the stock quantity is pretty meaningless. 

i got that many too. yeah right here. lol  

spoofing excess available stock quantity is one way to get a buybox, especially on a crowded turd listing which is exactly the type of set revend specializes in given they are the resellers' reseller.  also anyone contemplating sending a big pallet fba of these sets may possibly take a pause to reconsider because not only they going up against revend but all the other undercutters who will be actively trying to make a sale.

sales are down across the board this time of year but more so than than the last 2 years so all levers are being pulled.

interesting that possibility never occurred to me but makes sense. so many tricks out there

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

I think they had a fine idea that grew too fast because they accepted too many people in before having the logistics figured out. Then moving all the inventory to another state just compounded things and it all collapsed from there.

Curious how Amzn forecast their warehouse capacity going forward.  Catch 22 with the way US economy is heading