Sell or hold?

Hello all, i'm looking for some advice on some off my sets that i'm thinking i should sell.

I feel there is no value in holding these sets or they have reached there peak, the sets are as follows.

10174-1 Imperial AT-ST                               x1 new

10178-1 Motorized Walking AT-AT               x1 used

10198-1 Tantive IV                                       x1 new

10231-1 Shuttle Expedition                          x1 new

41999 4x4 Crawler                                       x2 new

7674 V19 Torrent                                         x1 new

8017-1 Darth Vaders Tie Fighter                  x1 new

8043 Motorized Excavator                            x3 new +1 used

8053 Mobile Crane                                       x1 new

8097-1 Slave 1                                             x2 new

8098-1 Clone Turbo Tank                             x1 new

8128-1 Cad Banes Speeder                          x1 new

8275-1 Motorized Bulldozer                            x1 used

8288-1 Crawler Crane                                    x1 used

8480-1 Space Shuttle                                     x1 used

The 41999 Crawlers and Motorized Ecavators i think may have more gains. whats the members thoughts?

I don't know about the specific sets (though I'd trust DoNot and Alcarin if I were asking), but I do know that this is a great time of year to sell a lot of things including collectible toys.

If using eBay, do fixed price - people like buy it nows while Christmas shopping and most of the time you'll make more money with fixed price than with auctions.

I don't know about the specific sets (though I'd trust DoNot and Alcarin if I were asking), but I do know that this is a great time of year to sell a lot of things including collectible toys.

If using eBay, do fixed price - people like buy it nows while Christmas shopping and most of the time you'll make more money with fixed price than with auctions.

If i use fixed price, should i price the sets using the Brickfolio or up the price with the xmas season upon us.

I'm happy to use auction thats what i have used in the past, never tried fixed price.

If i use fixed price, should i price the sets using the Brickfolio or up the price with the xmas season upon us.

I'm happy to use auction thats what i have used in the past, never tried fixed price.

Use 5 (whatever currency) lower than lowest (if the lowest currently selling is 5% higher than BP price) otherwise think a little and price accordingly... check last sold sets and add 5% max :)

Depends on whether you'll be sad if they don't sell quickly.

For me, I price generally high average and sometimes above (if I'm willing to hold them for awhile waiting for the sale). This also allows me to put items on sale (using Markdown Manager if you have an eBay store), which permits me to manage my cash flow very neatly.

If you really want to unload them all by Christmas, Alcarin's advice isn't bad at all, with the caveat that if there is a very high or low outlier price amongst the most recent sold I'd discard that one in figuring my averages.

My advice would be to take a look at the set pages here on Brickpicker for each set.  Specifically focusing on the return percentage over the last 6 months and 1 year. Check the value graph as well.  Does it look like it is still growing?  If it is then you should hold, if you think it has flattened off then sell.  Read some of the review people have written on the sets as well, there is a lot of very good information in some of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay thanks for the advice, here is an update.

I sold 4 sets using ebay auction, the four sets all sold below the brickpicker valuation.

I sold one set buy it now, i looked at the last one that sold auction it went for way below its Brickpicker value, so i listed this one the cheapest buy it now for 30 days.

I sold it today after about one weeks listing.

So i made a profit on 3, broke even on 1, and lost on 1 which i expected.