Walmart Shipping!

jaredseiders

While not necessarily a deal, I need to blow off some steam about the shipment of B-wings I received from Walmart.com.....

So I took advantage of the sale they had where B-wings were like $155. I ordered 3 of them. Two came in the original box that lego shipped them in, but the 3rd came without any box of any kind. They had numbers written on one of the white sides of the box in sharpie marker. They slapped the shipping label right across the front of the ship. When I was looking for the packing slip so I can return this monstrosity at my local store, I could only find the slip for the two in the box. Then I notice on the shipping label it said "Packing slip enclosed"....

I thought no way, they couldn't be that stupid could they? Sure enough, the one side I hadn't looked too closely at because the whole thing looked like a train wreck had been opened, my packing slip dumped inside, and then resealed with packing tape!

I mean Jesus, nothing says "Steal me now" than a ginormous expensive Lego set not even boxed up!!!

I did get my refund, but since the sale was over and they don't sell B-wings in my store, all I got was charged back....

The jokes on them though, I basically exchanged a B-wing for 2 Batcaves I found at $69.99 each and $18 cash.

That's too bad that the B-Wing came like that. Walmart shipping has never been the greatest, and I recall multiple horror stories about both the big W and the big K. It is good to know that it worked out well for you in the end though. You would think that the employees would learn how to assemble and pack a box without training. You would think...

They did tell me they weren't going to put it back on the shelf after I made a comment about no one would want to pay $200 for it after they peeled the shipping label off and tore off the entire B-wing from the front. Lol. I should I offered to pay $25 for it. Guess they'll just toss it in the dumpster or something.

Which makes me wonder if I shouldn't order another one of these and hope it comes damaged...... or maybe something large with valuable minifigs???

J/k, I don't have a dishonest bone in my body. They will probably recover the money from shipping insurance or something like that though.

Wow. That really sucks. I`m happy that things eventually worked out for you though. Hard to imagine possibly, but it could have been a lot worse. 

It is unfortunate that they likely will just toss it in the bin. Unbelievable the amount of waste, or so I`m told. Really unfortunate. I mean, of course I understand where you`re coming from. I`d be very angry. But still, for something like that to wind up in the trash is just disgusting to think about. They do it with day old food as well, slightly discoloured clothing, etc. 

While not necessarily a deal, I need to blow off some steam about the shipment of B-wings I received from Walmart.com.....

So I took advantage of the sale they had where B-wings were like $155. I ordered 3 of them. Two came in the original box that lego shipped them in, but the 3rd came without any box of any kind. They had numbers written on one of the white sides of the box in sharpie marker. They slapped the shipping label right across the front of the ship. When I was looking for the packing slip so I can return this monstrosity at my local store, I could only find the slip for the two in the box. Then I notice on the shipping label it said "Packing slip enclosed"....

I thought no way, they couldn't be that stupid could they? Sure enough, the one side I hadn't looked too closely at because the whole thing looked like a train wreck had been opened, my packing slip dumped inside, and then resealed with packing tape!

I mean Jesus, nothing says "Steal me now" than a ginormous expensive Lego set not even boxed up!!!

I did get my refund, but since the sale was over and they don't sell B-wings in my store, all I got was charged back....

The jokes on them though, I basically exchanged a B-wing for 2 Batcaves I found at $69.99 each and $18 cash.

I wonder if it would be packaged in a proper box if you chose "ship to store"? That's what I usually do with my orders with Walmart and generally haven't had the issue that you've described. 

• Like 1

Most business believe people have plans to give Lego to children as a gift and the majority of children don't care about the condition of the box so much as the content which is why they ship things the way they do.  I'm sure most of the time it works in Walmarts favor than against them.  I know if I was going to open a set and the box was damaged I wouldn't care so long as the contents were there.

Most business believe people have plans to give Lego to children as a gift and the majority of children don't care about the condition of the box so much as the content which is why they ship things the way they do.  I'm sure most of the time it works in Walmarts favor than against them.  I know if I was going to open a set and the box was damaged I wouldn't care so long as the contents were there.

True that, but this item could have been a Christmas gift to an adult or a collector and kids these days are very picky with what they get and how they get them. My main issue was that I, like many good peopl here, work hard to be able to pay for these items and when someone just decide to slap a label hoping that it arrivesafely than that tells a lot about how they value me as a costumer and how the represent their company's image. Shipping issues are bound to happen and I'm cool with that, but the lack of common sense is something that just grinds my gears, a la Peter Griffin

• Like 1

Yes, well that's all well and good, but it's a $200 item. Even if I was going to give this item to a kid, I wouldn't want a shipping label slapped on the front. You know, Santa doesn't shop at Walmart does he? Also, when you tear the label off it completely destroys the box. Give it to a kid who didn't know what it was and they look at the front and see no space ship?

I wouldn't give a gift in such a box. I'm not one to cry over dings on corners or anything like that. If I was that concerned about minor damage to a box I'd go pick one out at the Lego store where I can guarantee it's in pristine condition. I'm not expecting it to show up on my door in 100% mint condition.

But to open the item and toss the packing slip inside and reseal it? If I gave that to my kid and they opened it up and found it, and they thought it was coming from Santa and here's my name on a receipt from Walmart, they'd be devastated....

Any way you slice it, it's poor service from a company that has the money and profits to ensure that they do better.

I wonder if it would be packaged in a proper box if you chose "ship to store"? That's what I usually do with my orders with Walmart and generally haven't had the issue that you've described. 

I will have to try that in the future. The Walmart isn't that far from me, and my purchase had qualified to come straight to my door for free so I didn't think anything of it. Thanks for the advice, I will actually do that next time.

Sorry to hear, I feel your pain.  This happened to me with an SSD I ordered last year.  I have had many other sets come destroyed via walmart shipping.  When it comes to online ordering I try to stick to Amazon.  When boxes come damaged from Amazon, their customer service blows Walmart and Targets away in my opinion.

All of our business sets get opened these days so I honestly don't care about squished boxes so long as they don't manage to damage the contents, but if I were purchasing a gift I would not be the slightest bit happy with a  severely damaged box, regardless of whether I was giving it to a child or adult.

If I'm buying something used to give as a gift (a vintage pair of shoes for my niece, a collection of old books for my sister), that's fine, I don't mind if they look used because they are. If I'm buying something new, I darned well expect it to LOOK new, not like something I bought from the local Goodwill or a Scratch and Dent store.

Yes, well that's all well and good, but it's a $200 item. Even if I was going to give this item to a kid, I wouldn't want a shipping label slapped on the front. You know, Santa doesn't shop at Walmart does he? Also, when you tear the label off it completely destroys the box. Give it to a kid who didn't know what it was and they look at the front and see no space ship?

I wouldn't give a gift in such a box. I'm not one to cry over dings on corners or anything like that. If I was that concerned about minor damage to a box I'd go pick one out at the Lego store where I can guarantee it's in pristine condition. I'm not expecting it to show up on my door in 100% mint condition.

But to open the item and toss the packing slip inside and reseal it? If I gave that to my kid and they opened it up and found it, and they thought it was coming from Santa and here's my name on a receipt from Walmart, they'd be devastated....

Any way you slice it, it's poor service from a company that has the money and profits to ensure that they do better.

100% agree! When I am paying someone my hard earned money (and yes it is very hard earned) I demand an undamaged product. I don't care if I'm giving the lego set to my dog. Of course everyone is free to accept packaging any way they choose, but I think if more people refused to accept anything in less than great condition, retailers would eventually be forced to handle boxes better. Maybe not who knows.