VW T1 Camper Van $130+ @ TRU 20% off (Creator only)

BrickPick3r

Sucks to be me.  I bought 5 of the VW when it first came out.  It's an awesome set and I thought it would be come and go quickly as did the Beetle.  I made heaps on the Beetle I had even though I bought it new and built it, displayed it and sold it 2nd hand.  I sold one Kombi early on, have one on display and 3 sitting by.  Don't know if I'll ever get my money back on these suckers.

Sucks to be me.  I bought 5 of the VW when it first came out.  It's an awesome set and I thought it would be come and go quickly as did the Beetle.  I made heaps on the Beetle I had even though I bought it new and built it, displayed it and sold it 2nd hand.  I sold one Kombi early on, have one on display and 3 sitting by.  Don't know if I'll ever get my money back on these suckers.

You will, but not as long as it is available from Lego.

Guest TabbyBoy

Isn't double VIP a better deal in the US for the 10220 than TRU?  I bought 44 Beetles and made a killing on 40 of them within a year.  Unfortunately the Camper has been made in much much larger quantities, sold in more markets and will be around for 5 years when I asked staff in Legoland Windsor.  I have 22 Campers and would like to have 50 but, I'm in no rush as I'm hoping these will be heavily discounted over the next couple of years.

I thought that i missed it and have to buy at retail price. So happy that it's available at TRU with discount. I'm not going to invest in if cause i don't have much money. 

But don't worry if you bought it. It will do well if it goes EOL. The set is awesome and no lego collector would want to miss it.

Isn't double VIP a better deal in the US for the 10220 than TRU?  I bought 44 Beetles and made a killing on 40 of them within a year.  Unfortunately the Camper has been made in much much larger quantities, sold in more markets and will be around for 5 years when I asked staff in Legoland Windsor.  I have 22 Campers and would like to have 50 but, I'm in no rush as I'm hoping these will be heavily discounted over the next couple of years.

With 2X VIP, isn't it only 10% off? The set is $152.1 after 10%. But if you add the promo set (let's give it $20 value), then it might be the same (around $130+).

The good thing is, you'll have it right away and don't have to wait :D

They're in Oz, (the country you beat at the Ashes ;) ) so RRP is $169.99

Ebay price in the UK/US is holding near RRP already so when they go EOL the only way is up. In theory.... :sweat:

Bad news

I went to the store today and all of the VW were gone. There were like 25+ on the shelf. I ask the staff whether it was sold out. They said they have got what's on the shelf. If it's not there then it's sold out. But i said that's impossible, the set just came in and there were 25+ left. I asked them to check the stock for me and they tried to avoid doing that for me (what i felt, may be i thought too much). Lastly, i asked them again and they did check for me. They said it's out of stock, but will be here in 1-2 week time.

Here is what i thought. 

The set just came in and was labeled as new. Heaps of them were thereAll brochure that feature VW (with 20% off sign) on the front page were removed.Is it possible that they're avoiding the VW set from discount? They staff went back to check the stock. It must be there but they want to keep it after the promotion end?

Am i thinking too much? :D

Might be overthinking it.  There were 3 on the shelf at Majura Park TRU Canberra.  I bought one for $135 then got the $10discount for joining up TRU LEGO group or something - I got them to run the Creator house through first at 20% off.  So, overall, I was happy with that.  David Jones Canberra Center have 60% off the second set you buy, but everything is at normal price.  So, for instance, there's the Horizon train for $159 + 2nd one for $95 (or $127 each).  I managed to get a Horizon Express of ebay for $100 (new) plus postage.