7938 Passenger Train for ~105$ - Go or no go?

h311m4n

Hi guys,

I have an opportunity to get this set for 105$ a piece. I've posted in the train section but no replies so far.

As I was saying, I know trains are a good investment, but I really find this one kinda dull. It would be a 30% of retail deal for me. Watcha think?

Hi guys,

I have an opportunity to get this set for 105$ a piece. I've posted in the train section but no replies so far.

As I was saying, I know trains are a good investment, but I really find this one kinda dull. It would be a 30% of retail deal for me. Watcha think?

Kids love the set (I think kids like it because it's red quite frankly). AFOLs might buy it for completeness sake, but the new Horizon Express bundled with some power functions will be worth more down the road IMHO.

That said $105 is a good deal because of the included PF and tracks.

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll pass this one though unless I find an even better discount, Horizon looks like a better investment anyway :)

I like Horizon too and it sells for RRP+ in Amazon Europe.  Just a shame that it's "half-a-train" and is without track.  It would be nice if Lego could produce a double-ended version with track and modern station.  It reminds of of the French TGV that I enjoy riding in.