Item number from bottom of box

j.hermit

This is my first post on Brickpicker (hurray!), I've been lurking for a little while now.

My question:  does anyone know what the item number listed on the bottom of the box is used for?  For example, Uruk-Hai Army set #9471 lists "Item: 4653953" above the UPC code.  I'm listing a few sets on Ebay and I'm wondering if this number is important or should be included somewhere.

Any replies appreciated, and thanks to everyone for such an awesome site;  you've already provided me with tons of useful info.

This is my first post on Brickpicker (hurray!), I've been lurking for a little while now.

My question:  does anyone know what the item number listed on the bottom of the box is used for?  For example, Uruk-Hai Army set #9471 lists "Item: 4653953" above the UPC code.  I'm listing a few sets on Ebay and I'm wondering if this number is important or should be included somewhere.

Any replies appreciated, and thanks to everyone for such an awesome site;  you've already provided me with tons of useful info.

Welcome to the site. I do not think it is important to say that in the listing, but it is a good idea to add it just in case.

I entered into a Google search, and quite a few retailers came up, including Micro Center, with the 4653953 in name. Brickset listed the number as a "LEGO Item Number", which doesn't really help. 

post-5354-0-90976100-1382836732_thumb.pn

My guess is that it is some sort of additional identification code in addition to UPC codes and EAN's. Fry's lists the Uruk Hai Army set as "Model #9471(4653953)", so it probably is a more in depth ID beyond the normal 4 or 6 digit code we are used to, like 9471.

Thanks so much, everyone.  That's kinda what I figured, and I didn't end up including it in my listings, although I did notice a couple of my listings had it auto-added by Ebay in the MPN category along with the standard 4 or 5 digit set number.

Now just to wait for something to sell, if only to get my feedback rating up.  I haven't sold anything in a few years, so although every feedback is positive, my rating is sitting at a big fat 0.0%.  Makes me sad.

Now just to wait for something to sell, if only to get my feedback rating up.  I haven't sold anything in a few years, so although every feedback is positive, my rating is sitting at a big fat 0.0%.  Makes me sad.

That won't take long, if you stick to investing for a little while. I'm sure in a month or two, you'll be up at 100%.

If eBay offers a field for it, I would put the number in - it's unlikely to matter to the buyer in most cases, as others have said, but eBay bases your search ranking partially on how well you dot all their i's and cross all their t's -- and that kind of item specific is one of the things they like to see there if you have it, regardless of whether it has any actual, you know, use or benefit to anyone.  :twitch: