Rants and Raves - Do Something About It!!

lowillsw

I read many of you rant and rave about Lego in these forums.  This site surely is a great place for all of us to vent and share knowledge and deals at the same time.  I love Lego and my first toy was a Baby Rattle from the 80s.  The sets have came a long way from the old 8860 Technic sports car and the 8851 Technic Excavator that you had to cut your own air tube to connect to the air pumps.  I'm sure the futures models will be better for years to come.

What's bothering me the most recent were the 10% coupon as well as the free promo policy in recent months.  These 2 topics have been discussed on other threads in great length.  I took some time talking with store managers in my Lego stores about my displeasure.  He told me these are main concerns from all feedback they have been getting recently and suggested that I fill out the survey that came with the receipt.  The survey ends up going to corporate so there's a chance TLG will have second thoughts pulling the same crap in future promotions. Go to Lego.com/storesurvey and voice your opinions, if you are afraid of being identified, don't put in the code on your receipt.

I would like to enlist all of you to do so since it needs to be heard.  Thank you for reading.

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

"We are resellers, sell to us cheaper!" Somehow I get the feeling TLG isn't going to be complying with that... but I agree, action speaks louder than words... and online rants xD

I despise the survey TBH. Only because I made two separate purchases on my recent visit, about 3 hours apart ( I went back to double dip ) and was informed of it each time....by the same cashier none the less! I just smiled and said that I`d continue to fill them out ( I`ve filled out almost every one ). Oh well. 

Guest eightbrick

I despise the survey TBH. Only because I made two separate purchases on my recent visit, about 3 hours apart ( I went back to double dip ) and was informed of it each time....by the same cashier none the less! I just smiled and said that I`d continue to fill them out ( I`ve filled out almost every one ). Oh well. 

Yeah they seem to press you really hard about it. I think they're hoping someone praises them or something because they always write down their names. Anything for a raise, I guess.

Yeah they seem to press you really hard about it. I think they're hoping someone praises them or something because they always write down their names. Anything for a raise, I guess.

Agreed! I don`t like doing it necessarily, but the staff are really good when I have questions or want to ask about PAB parts in the back. If I can give something positive back, why not? It`s only fair. Just wish they wouldn`t press as much as they did recently.  xD

I don't think it's 'crap' at all that they altered the effectiveness of their coupon.  If 10% was going to break me then I shouldn't be spending my money on Lego in the first place.  Sure, I could complain, but I don't feel it's necessary.  I would sooner complain about how Lego exclusives are distributed how they are creating a toy no child will play with.  Overall though, I don't care enough to fill out the survey and my opinion is usually, learn to live with it.