I am in a predicament

awesomejim123

I have an old 8297 Off Roader, I noticed on ebay people are successfully selling them for $400+

I rebuilt mine, intending to sell it and get a good $200 for it (doesn't include box) but I encountered a problem- missing piece. One of the big plates with the grate sticker on it used for the hood, id is 4524663 (the one that goes on the left of the hood from the drivers point of view) Without this piece, I doubt I can get very much at all, no where near what I'm hoping to get..

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of one of these? I'd be willing to buy it off someone

I have an old 8297 Off Roader, I noticed on ebay people are successfully selling them for $400+

I rebuilt mine, intending to sell it and get a good $200 for it (doesn't include box) but I encountered a problem- missing piece. One of the big plates with the grate sticker on it used for the hood, id is 4524663 (the one that goes on the left of the hood from the drivers point of view) Without this piece, I doubt I can get very much at all, no where near what I'm hoping to get..

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of one of these? I'd be willing to buy it off someone

Bricklink.com

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=111010&colorID=85

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=111009&colorID=85

Not sure which side, so here are both.

• Like 1

Ouch. I have seen a couple of these piece come up for sale on eBay, but I am not sure how much they sold for. i would try bricklink.com to try to find the piece. You could probably find the piece, but no sticker. Here is a link to start you off.

You can get replacement pieces directly from Lego, too, but I'm not sure if that's only for current sets or not. It would make sense that it would be.

You can get replacement parts for this set from LEGO Shop at Home. Here is a link. Unfortunately, the piece that you are missing is out of stock.