Question re City Sets from Amazon UK

Coneil21

Im not sure if this applies to other themes, but I've noticed the City themed boxes that I've gotten from Amazon UK have different graphics than City themed boxes that come from US retailers. For ex here are the UK and US boxes for City Excavator Transport. My question is, how do people handle this when posting listings? If all the other listings show the US box as their preview picture and I post the UK box for my preview picture, do I run the risk of buyers assuming mine is some sort of counterfeit ? Would I be better off using a stock photo instead? Do I mention the difference in my description? Or, am I worrying about nothing?

post-13536-0-24709100-1382321882_thumb.j

post-13536-0-55774600-1382321897_thumb.j

I'd show the exact picture of the exact item and put a note in the listing that the box is the design sold "in the UK" or "in France" or wherever you purchased it, and that the contents within box box designs are identical.

I wouldn't worry that they'll think you're selling counterfeits, but I would mention it just on the off chance they care a tiny bit.

I would absolutely not use a stock photo, especially if the stock photo shows the alternate box design - you always want WYSIWYG on eBay.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I've bought 2 of the same set from he same retailer and there can be variations, could this just be differences between batches or factories?  As long as the set number and piece count is the same, I doubt customers will worry unless a rare box itself is a collectors item.  However, you get some awkward people that moan for the sake of it.

Also, make sure that LEGO agree (they did with me without any fuss) before using any photos or descriptions from their website.  All they insist on is that the photos are not edited/watermarked and do not devalue the product or adversely affect the company in any way.  I got rumbled by Hornby once when using their photos to sell model locomotives a few years back.