TMNT 2014

I'm in agreement with just about everybody on how the Turtle minifigs look.  The nose, IMO, is what ruins them, the lines around the eyes don't help either.

However, I'll disagree on the builds themselves.  Not from an investment standpoint, but from a kid's perspective.  While we don't have the Shellraiser, I've heard it can be fragile.  These look fairly robust and being smaller should help, this is important from a playability standpoint so I'm not constantly putting things back together.  From an investment standpoint, I kind of agree with everyone, probably not that good of a place to put your money.

I like the way the new sets look, however, not sure they will be great investment sets. Will probably pick them up for personal sets, hopefully at a good discount.

Movie Turtle figures are meant to look like the movie turtles and I think they do. In fact, they REALLY look like the turtles from the new movies. You guys are comparing them to the memories of your turtles.

These are not your turtles.

Yes they really really do look like the ones from the new movie.

And this is exactly why I don't like them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think I'm going to be investing in equal amounts for the sets Turtle Lair Attack, Shredder's Dragon Bike, and Mikey's Mini Shellraiser, I think they'll sell well as combo packs once the sets go EOL, especially when they contain one of each of the turtles, Shredder and even Master Splinter.