Are sports cards making a comeback?

Since the comaprison has been made between Baseball cards and LEGO investing, I was wondering if anyone knew if sports cards are making a comeback? I figured someone here might have hung in there with card investing and knew what the current situation is. Just Curious. I have read that they might be attempting to bounce back.

I'm a big baseball and football card collector. I have been for years....even before I became an AFOL!!! I watch the market closely and there has been some recent increase in sales and prices for that matter; but it's still nowhere close to what it used to be. It's not to the point that I'm ready to list any of mine yet. Things are starting to look up though.

I think I can pretty much recall when baseball (and sports cards in general) lost their way. Back in the day, it used to be that there were 5 or 6 major companies offering cards. It was nothing fancy. You buy a pack, and hope to get the good players or rookies. Eventually, there were 30 companies selling them, and there were all kinds of gimmicky things you could find, but the odds of ever getting them were so slim that you wouldn't bother. Upper Deck had the whole diamond thing... You could get a rookie with 1 through 5 diamonds. The more diamonds, the more the book value. It just got too gimmicky, and there were too many cards to try to keep up with. Over-saturation was the downfall of sports cards. It just got too difficult to care.