eBay Global Shipping Program questions

kenchu2000

Is there any downside of offering to send through the GSP, for the seller - as opposed to not offering international shipping at all? I understand that shipping myself internationally might be cheaper - but that is not my question.

All I could think of (since I don't offer returns at all), that SNAD might be a big problem when the seller might have to come up with the shipping cost (do they?)

Is there any downside of offering to send through the GSP, for the seller - as opposed to not offering international shipping at all? I understand that shipping myself internationally might be cheaper - but that is not my question.

All I could think of (since I don't offer returns at all), that SNAD might be a big problem when the seller might have to come up with the shipping cost (do they?)

International sells do not count in your selling metrics. You will not get a defect for SNAD or anything else so you don't have to worry about that. Edited by jbacunn

• 3 months later...

Anyone ever run into a situation when item (offered BIN using GSP)  receives "invoice requested"? I would think that single item does not even have an option to request invoice (only if more than one item is requested, the option gets enabled). It's just it's kinda confusing, since the shipping quote I can offer appears to be somewhat higher that the shipping rate available via GSP (I looked at my item via ebay.co.au to see shipping rate)

I had a buyer ask if I could ship to an FPO/GPO.  He said he's getting quoted a high price for shipping and the item is free shipping. I assumed I would just ship to a domestic address and USPS would take it from there.  Does GSP interfere with FPO/GPO?  Do I need to disable GSP in order for them to buy as a domestic buyer?  Maybe his EBay address is incorrect, but I think he said it was correct.

NMM, I might have been asked to send an invoice before, but I think they just ended up paying their GSP quoted price without me intervening.

I get asked for invoice for these all the time, one thing I've noticed is that free shipping isn't the best for GSP because if included in price it adds to their taxes. I did on auction where I took out free shipping to get under $50 to save the buyer taxes (they paid $10 shipping instead of me doing free)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Did not have free shipping offered. Did have multiple domestic shipping options. 

Not my listing but you'll get an idea:  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-LEGO-Bricks-More-Creative-Suitcase-10682-sealed-in-box-/111565275456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f9cf0140

If you add it to your cart, the option to request invoice is disabled. And if you click on a little "i" sign, it says "You need to have at least two items in your cart from the same seller to request a total."

Just wondering if I listed an item wrong or the buyer went through some purchase path that's not obvious to me

just had my first GSP sale. 

only because i forgot to TURN OFF the international sale button. seems like when doing it mobile it is on y default and i always have to remember to turn it off. very annoying. 

all in all it seemed pretty easy. after reading it seems like i will not incur any extra fees from ebay besides the typical ones for listing fee and final transaction. 

The only added fee was paypal for "over-the-border" fees or whatever they call them. its 3.9%+0.30 not 2.9%+0.30 as it typically would be for me. 

Have you had any issues with GSP country exclusions?  I am trying this for the first time and when I go to select countries I don't want to ship to, it still includes those countries on my listing.  How can I create a default list of countries I want to ship to using GSP?  I revised a listing to include GSP and deselected countries on my exclusion list that I would like to ship to, but when I finished the revision, my listing included countries I intended to exclude.

Edited by Spelunkin_Paul

Hi, I kinda new to ebay global shipping so I has some questions seeking experts' help. 1. I has a buyer from Australia wants to make the purchase, the item weight about 8lbs 25x15x8. It seems like the cheapest shipping cost with eBay GSP is roughly about $75 with USPS Priority Mail International. I never ship international before, so does this rate seems normal? Or it's somewhat high? 2. There's another buyer also from Australia that wanna make the purchase but request it send to Canda as a gift. Since that Canada address will not be the paypal address, is it safe to do so? Could that be some kind of scam? If it happened to be a scam, will I still be under eBay protection with the tracking number? Thanks

Hi, I kinda new to ebay global shipping so I has some questions seeking experts' help. 1. I has a buyer from Australia wants to make the purchase, the item weight about 8lbs 25x15x8. It seems like the cheapest shipping cost with eBay GSP is roughly about $75 with USPS Priority Mail International. I never ship international before, so does this rate seems normal? Or it's somewhat high? 2. There's another buyer also from Australia that wanna make the purchase but request it send to Canda as a gift. Since that Canada address will not be the paypal address, is it safe to do so? Could that be some kind of scam? If it happened to be a scam, will I still be under eBay protection with the tracking number? Thanks

First item - priority mail (USPS) shipping would be in the range of $63 +/- (buying postage online). With GSP they won't be using USPS, they may be adding tariffs or other customs fees, and you get a good deal of seller protection versus shipping it yourself.

On the second question, if you mean that the buyer is asking you to check the box that says "gift" on the customs form (not just that he's sending as a gift the package to Canada), he's asking you to commit postal fraud. It's merchandise, whether he's giving it as a gift or not is irrelevant since you're the one shipping it.

If he adds the Canadian address to his PayPal account and PayPal's email indicates it's okay to ship AND you have electronically confirmable tracking on it, it should be safe to ship it how he wants. I'd call PayPal to verify on that, however - within the U.S. I'm comfortable with that advice, international shipping I don't know if PayPal has different rules for seller protection when shipping to a different address.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I would like to try GSP.  Do I need to enter weight and dimension of the package?  If not,  how can eBay estimate shipping fee to international customer?

Note: I list an item using GSP today and I do not enter any weight and dimension.  Then I view my ad and change to other country in shipping page to see whether GSP is on.  It shows estimate shipping fee and I just wonder how can eBay estimate a fee without knowing weight of the package?  Am I do something wrong?

Thanks

Edited by BCCL

Hi, I would like to try GSP.  Do I need to enter weight and dimension of the package?  If not,  how can eBay estimate shipping fee to international customer?

Note: I list an item using GSP today and I do not enter any weight and dimension.  Then I view my ad and change to other country in shipping page to see whether GSP is on.  It shows estimate shipping fee and I just wonder how can eBay estimate a fee without knowing weight of the package?  Am I do something wrong?

Thanks

Magic. I rarely enter package weight or dimensions prior to shipping as I use free shipping for most items anyway. GSP ships a huge number of items, I would imagine that they base their estimate on the items sale price (for customs) and look at similar items for shipping price. Keep in mind the Pitney Bowes pays FAR less to ship an item than you would.

Thanks very much.  As I am afraid I need to weight and measure dimension for each listing, I never use GSP before.

I am stupid and I think if I do not provide weight and dimension, eBay may estimate wrong shipping fee to buyer then it will charge me for the difference. :sorry:  

Thanks very much. As I am afraid I need to weight and measure dimension for each listing, I never use GSP before.

I am stupid and I think if I do not provide weight and dimension, eBay may estimate wrong shipping fee to buyer then it will charge me for the difference. :sorry:

You do need to list the weight and dimensions accurately in your listing because the shipping the buyer pays to ebay for the global shipping is estimated on this. If you are too low then the buyer will have to pay more than expected and might not be happy about it. If you are too high, the buyer might not buy from you thinking the cost for shipping will be too high.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I really wish they would open a processing center on the west coast. This time last year we were selling large quantities of big ticket items to Australia thru GSP prior to the USD flexing its muscles. Those sales only trickle in now. It was great while it lasted.

• Like 3

I really wish they would open a processing center on the west coast. This time last year we were selling large quantities of big ticket items to Australia thru GSP prior to the USD flexing its muscles. Those sales only trickle in now. It was great while it lasted.

​I haven't sold anything internationally in quite some time...

​I think Home Delivery replaced Ground at the beginning of May.

​I have printed both, one on accident since the beginning of May.

Stupid suggestion, but make sure you don't have residential address selected.  IME, residential address lets you use Home Delivery and non residential address lets you choose Ground.

• Like 1

​I have printed both, one on accident since the beginning of May.

Stupid suggestion, but make sure you don't have residential address selected.  IME, residential address lets you use Home Delivery and non residential address lets you choose Ground.

​That's the thing, I no longer sees the "This is residential address" checkbox anymore like I used to.  It looiks to me that eBay always set the shipping address as residential.

• 4 weeks later...

I received a Best Offer from a guy in Germany.  I was afraid that if I accepted it, they wouldn't be required to use GSP and he would expect that I should ship to him for free.  I sent him a message asking if he planned to use GSP and here is their response:

"Hello

Yes, i know the Ebay global Shipping program.
I see the Shipping cost and Government Tax here in Ebay Germany ;) not the free shipping for US Mainland.
Thanks for accept my Offer (maybe?)
"

Have any of you experienced this with Best Offer and will this still be a GSP transaction if I accept their offer?  Thanks...