Alright BP, how should I handle this?

So The seller finally gave in and offered a refund on the item, but I have to pay return shipping.

Is this normal? I thought usually Ebay would send you a label. While its better than the alternative, im kind of the opinion I shouldn't have to pay for shipping it back either, right? 

The buyer normally has to pay to return the item. That said the seller should send you a return label as it is the right thing to do in this case. If the seller does not offer to pay return shipping on a damaged item neg them so the next buyer does not get the same treatment. Make sure to add the seller to your blocked buyer list.

You can take him to the mat in the resolution center and eBay will probably send you a courtesy return label on their dime. Whenever I make any kind of mistake as a seller, I pay the return shipping, period. But we already know your seller lacks class and sense, so unless you want to keep arguing with him through eBay, send it back and forget it. Wrapped in paper because that's how he thought it was fine to send it.

Don't forget tracking or he'll claim he never got it.