LEGO shopping at Mall of America?

Curtis

I'm going to be I Minneapolis for work and I was wondering if it is worth it to make a special trip to the LEGO store in the Mall of America or is it just the same as any other LEGO store? I am hoping that there is something at the Mall of America store that I can't get at my store or online. You know, like a specific store exclusive or a uniquely diverse pick a brick wall. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

Wow. I'm surprised to hear this given the seemingly giant dimensions of the store. My wife was telling me that it's 4 stories and over 6,000sq ft. That seems excessive to then only have the same stuff as any other LEGO store. Well, thanks for the info, I guess I won't bother then.

The mall of America is a great place to visit if you have never been there before. I live about 4 hours away, so I get over there once every couple of years with the wife and kids. The cool thing about the lego store there are all of the huge (and I mean HUGE) models they have on display. Even if you don't buy anything, it's still worth the visit just to see it and say you have been there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone else was wondering I will comment. Store is very busy most times. Sometimes it makes it very difficult to shop. Being in the mall, a lot of people are just there to look and stand in the way. If you have not read it on other forums, they have about the worst availability on the PAB wall. It is almost always 80% just bricks and I have read elsewhere that due to the traffic the store receives it is more cost effective for them to do this, but I don't know if that is really why or not. If you look at images of the PAB wall it looks like they have more then other stores, but the top half off the wall is just teaser bins filled with basic bricks that you can not pull from. They are just there for show. As far as I know they always run whatever the promotions are according to Lego and the store calendar which is viewable from their store page on Lego.com. They do not do anything special that is exclusive to their store. So, I wouldn't bother making a special out of your way trip there. I have heard good things about other Lego stores, but ours is just ok. Staff is overall friendly, very talkative. The models are a Toy Story Woody, a friends girl, some mosaics outside the shop and some larger models on the top of the store.