Advice about thermal printer

So, I have reached a point where I believe it is necessary to invest some money on a thermal label printer. So far I have been using Avery shipping labels, but I figure I can buy a printer for a good enough price that will end up saving me some money in the future.

I am looking for something under $100 that's reliable and works seamlessly with eBay and Paypal. I have not started researching yet, so I figured I would ask those that have been selling for a long time if they have any particular tips.

I'm an old fashioned girl when it comes to labels, very boring - for eBay I use their bulk label page and print on plain paper that I cut in half. For everywhere else I use PayPal multi-order shipping program, ditto the paper.

I do plan to get a thermal in future - when we get up to an average of 30+ packages/day it'll be worth it in time savings for me (and a little savings on ink and paper), but we're only at an average of 14/day across all venues, so we have a ways to go.

• Like 1

..................using regular printer canon d420 (printing on plain paper and using with great Easy2Cut Jumbo roll transparent tape 3/4 in x 1500 in (perfect size for small and medium packages)...got it from Walmart 2 years ago on clearance <regular price .99.....was .25, got near 200 rolls, 75-100 left>. I don't like to spend a lot of money on packaging (my target - free or close to it...but no stealing, LOL)...regular tape for cardboard boxes (free only, never paid a dime cause so many places to get it free)

I do plan to get a thermal in future - when we get up to an average of 30+ packages/day it'll be worth it in time savings for me (and a little savings on ink and paper), but we're only at an average of 14/day across all venues, so we have a ways to go.

agreed....my average so far 5-10 small and 4-7 medium and large packages...will buy only to save time around Xmas.