Barnes and Noble 7065

MartinP

I was in my local Barnes and Noble today to get a book I needed for school. I found the book and decided to check out the Lego shelves to see what they had to offer. I was very surprised this visit, because all the sets they had, were retail price except for the Series 10 and 11 CMS, which were for $4.95 each. Than, I looked on the bottom shelf, and I noticed that there were two 7065 Alien Motherships. These sets have been retired for about 1 year now, but I am wondering, is it worth it to buy these sets? The price for them is $59.95. The retail for the set is usually $59.99.

I was in my local Barnes and Noble today to get a book I needed for school. I found the book and decided to check out the Lego shelves to see what they had to offer. I was very surprised this visit, because all the sets they had, were retail price except for the Series 10 and 11 CMS, which were for $4.95 each. Than, I looked on the bottom shelf, and I noticed that there were two 7065 Alien Motherships. These sets have been retired for about 1 year now, but I am wondering, is it worth it to buy these sets? The price for them is $59.95. The retail for the set is usually $59.99.

They're not selling at $30 in Wal-Marts around here, so I'd pass.

Guest eightbrick

I would avoid it, It's not even worth 40 dollars, and five cents off isn't a very good deal. Barnes and Noble usually has a lot of the unpopular retired stuff like Atlantis, Non-ship POTC, etc.

B&****** is terrible with their inventory systems.  There are always old sets that will pop up out of the blue.  I always check in there every once in a while.  Their flaw works to your advantage and you'll see some garbage but you'll score some gems every once in a while.

B&****** is terrible with their inventory systems.  There are always old sets that will pop up out of the blue.  I always check in there every once in a while.  Their flaw works to your advantage and you'll see some garbage but you'll score some gems every once in a while.

That is true. Now, I will just have to check every once in a while to see if they have anything good there.