Goblin King battle - 50% off at Canadian Toys R US

jeff_14

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ph4tb0i

got 5 helm's deep in ONE GIGANTIC BOX TODAY. Got almost same day shipping (went to Toronto west depot, then centre depot, then west again) and the outer box was mint (as was all 5 boxes). ditto with my 6 masterpiece soundwaves.

Maybe try contacting customer service andc see if they can refund you on the shipping.

It`s a great deal. Debating ordering another one, but my credit card is also enduring a fair amount of stress as it is. Wish my store had some, so I could at least get them $30 cheaper than online, thanks to the outrageous shipping haha. 

got 5 helm's deep in ONE GIGANTIC BOX TODAY. Got almost same day shipping (went to Toronto west depot, then centre depot, then west again) and the outer box was mint (as was all 5 boxes). ditto with my 6 masterpiece soundwaves.

Same here...5 sets in one big box.  Only for me 2 of the sets were not in decent shape...some creases and a minor hole in the side of one of them.  Damaged before shipping probably and I wished they used some packing so the sets were not shaking around.  Normally I would return asap but at 50% off I'll probably keep the 2 damaged boxes.  maybe build a Helms Deep finally. 

Still have two GKB coming...hope it's in decent shape, imagine I will be holding on to this set for awhile to see decent profit.

Those soundwaves boxes are pretty big, nice design. 

Same here...5 sets in one big box.  Only for me 2 of the sets were not in decent shape...some creases and a minor hole in the side of one of them.  Damaged before shipping probably and I wished they used some packing so the sets were not shaking around.  Normally I would return asap but at 50% off I'll probably keep the 2 damaged boxes.  maybe build a Helms Deep finally. 

Still have two GKB coming...hope it's in decent shape, imagine I will be holding on to this set for awhile to see decent profit.

Those soundwaves boxes are pretty big, nice design. 

I`m likely going to just part mine out when I open my Bricklink store in the next month or so. Will (in theory) get me the money back quicker and more. I see the point in holding for a while, but with this one I`ll take what I can and forget the rest. If I sell most everything (I bought 3) I should clear a minimun of $100. 

Got my two GKB yesterday...very good box condition.  Looking at it closely now that I have it, you could build the Orc Forge with it and should look good together.  Will check if the brown bricks are the same shade. 

Would love to see a pricing error and have modular sets at 50% off hehe.     

Guest eightbrick

Would love to see a pricing error and have modular sets at 50% off hehe.     

I would die for that (well, not really but whatever)! They are just so ridiculously expensive... I wish they would do half modulars (like the separate buildings of Pet Shop)... something people could actually afford...

Why is it always Canadian toys r us?

Our TRUs don't do this sort of thing often. Usually only around Christmas and Boxing Day. Last year they had discounts combined with generous bonus air miles offers like crazy in December. They were offering the Anakin and Sebulba podracers, Gungan Sub, Ultimate Obi-wan starfighter, Hoth base, and others for 50% off depending on the week. I also got an army of Halo sets for 50% off when they put the entire line on sale.

I would die for that (well, not really but whatever)! They are just so ridiculously expensive... I wish they would do half modulars (like the separate buildings of Pet Shop)... something people could actually afford...

Yup, expensive indeed...in the mean time there's the mini modulars set for 'spending-over-our-budget-every-month' folks like me.  Who knows, maybe TRU will sneak in or mistakenly do a 20% off on modulars to make it less expensive before X-mas.   

BTW, happy Thanksgiving long weekend to all Canadians coming up!   

I got my sets today. I ordered 1 of each, and they packed it in separate boxes. There was NO extra packing material inside the boxes, so they were just sliding around. GBK is still in decent shape, just a few creases on the box, but my HD looked pretty bashed up, since there was more space in the box. Plus I think there was some damage before the it was sent out.

Do they allow exchanges in store?

The TRU I visited today had pulled all their Helm's Deep off the shelves (or maybe they sold out?). Looks like it's done in stores. Hopefully that means EOL soon?

They probably sold out, this has been one of the best sales in Canada for this set. Although I would imagine it will be EOL soon.