Wal-Mart Clearance Items Stocked in Back of Store

Msudawgs56

Went to good ole Wal-Mart yesterday and saw an employee boxing up all the clearance toys. I saw her packing away tons of toys and rolling them to the back. I stopped and asked her what they will do with them and she said they were told to box up the clearance to make room for Christmas merchandise. She told me they will eventually bring them back out later.

I wonder how many old sets are sitting back there. I knew by using the Wal-Mart app on my phone that several sets were showing in stock but no where to be found. Hope they bring them back out at lower prices and not ship them back or something. Wal-Mart doesn't have a huge storage area in the back, so I do not think they will sit there for too long.

Anyone one know if they match prices between Walmarts?

Do you mean whether different Walmarts will have certain items marked down with the same discount price, or will one Walmart perform a price match with another? Well, I have two Walmarts near me and they had some of the same stuff on sale with similar discounts (Uruk-hai Army and Mirkwood Spiders for $21, Attack of the Wargs for $35, etcetera). As for price matching, neither has ever price matched. Oh right, instead they 'ad match'. :mda:

Do you mean whether different Walmarts will have certain items marked down with the same discount price, or will one Walmart perform a price match with another? Well, I have two Walmarts near me and they had some of the same stuff on sale with similar discounts (Uruk-hai Army and Mirkwood Spiders for $21, Attack of the Wargs for $35, etcetera). As for price matching, neither has ever price matched. Oh right, instead they 'ad match'. :mda:

So it's safe to say they won't match a price of a different Walmart location similar to Target not price matching inter-stores.  I read their price match and adjustment policy both places never mentioned they do or do not price match inter-stores.  I have read some members here used the Walmart app to price match their clearance price at Target.  I'm not sure if it's just employees not following policies.

On a side note, some Walmarts still have not put away their clearance.  They moved them to the garden section in a majority of them while they are using that as a staging area for all the xmas merchandises.  Anyone wants to go pick up before they go away needs to go now!

• 4 weeks later...