9468 Vampyre Castle - retired soon?

Rumor has it that the entire MF line sans the haunted House will EOL at the end of the year.

I would expect this to be the case. walmart clearanced out all of their monster fighters this past summer. kmart just started their 50% off clearance toy sale this past sunday, and I picked up several monster fighters sets from them at crazy discounts, as did many others. they can not be found at any target or shopko near me anymore. toysrus is still sitting on a few but that's probably because their retail price is considerably jacked up compared to other retailers. I am not sure what others still have available in their brick and mortars, but it would appear that the end is very near for this theme (except the haunted house of course). the possible spike you are seeing in sales on ebay could very likely be from people buying this to display for Halloween, which is only a few short weeks from now.

I would expect this to be the case. walmart clearanced out all of their monster fighters this past summer. kmart just started their 50% off clearance toy sale this past sunday, and I picked up several monster fighters sets from them at crazy discounts, as did many others. they can not be found at any target or shopko near me anymore. toysrus is still sitting on a few but that's probably because their retail price is considerably jacked up compared to other retailers. I am not sure what others still have available in their brick and mortars, but it would appear that the end is very near for this theme (except the haunted house of course). the possible spike you are seeing in sales on ebay could very likely be from people buying this to display for Halloween, which is only a few short weeks from now.

I see. Totally forgot about the coming Halloween. Then we might expect that the monster fighters might be gone due to high demand prior or during the halloween. But to bad at here the price is quite high. But I was amazed that the price on ebay is higher than retail here. For 9468, the best retail price is about 125 compare to 130+ on Ebay.

Should I wait or should I pick some? Halloween is near  :shifty: