21021 - Marina Bay Sands and 21057 - Singapore Architecture sets.

Noodlenut

I have a mint box Marina Bay Sand, what is the chance to trade for a mint box SSD?

$500 seems to be the average price on ebay now for sold listings NISB.  This may increase during the Xmas season but then look for it to decrease and settle back in at this price point IMO.  I think by then those of us that are Arch set completionists will have aquired them.  There will be more new collectors in the future of this line but not sure how many will be willing to pay over $500 for this set.

So you are asking top value for your set for bottom value of the SSD.  I am a big fan of the MBS and would like one or two more but I would not trade one of my SSDs for it due to its long-term potential. 

If you already sell on ebay perhaps sell it and use that money towards an SSD.

Don't forget about the 400001 LEGO House.  This is an Architecture set released only in Denmark and seems to be very exclusive and is marked "Special Edition."  The prices have been going up on this set recently.  If you are a "Complete Freak" like me, buy one now.  

This is not officialy part of the Architechture line although the box is similar.  The 4000XX numbers are used to denote another line, I think it is special occasion sets but not sure

Don't forget about the 400001 LEGO House.  This is an Architecture set released only in Denmark and seems to be very exclusive and is marked "Special Edition."  The prices have been going up on this set recently.  If you are a "Complete Freak" like me, buy one now.  

Thank Ed for the info. I'm not really a fan of Architecture, I just try to figure out how to get SSD that I have missed.

This is not officialy part of the Architechture line although the box is similar.  The 4000XX numbers are used to denote another line, I think it is special occasion sets but not sure

Might not be classified as an Architecture set, but is sure does look like one.  Regardless, it is a rare set that will only increase in value.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to manipulate or anything, you tell me if this is a win win situation:

It happens that I'm from Asia and I have friends that hold MISB MSB and they would be happy to trade for MISB GE. If you have an extra SSD you can spare, I would be happy to buy it at US retail price and I can help you to trade your extra GE with MSB. I think this is a win win situation because:

1. Your cost to buy MSB is only $149 vs buying from ebay for $500

2. You could replace your traded GE by buying it from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home (as now it's still available)

3. You could sell both your SSD and GE on ebay now for $689.99 and $200 (the most recent sold on ebay) and net only about $175-$225 for both after fee and     expenses. If you put those money toward MSB, you still have to pay extra $275-$325

4. Many people predict SSD would reach $1000 in long run (maybe 2 yr +), if it did sold on ebay for $1000, the net profit would be about $400. And you still have to pay extra $100 to get your MSB

Once again I'm not trying to manipulate. I just would love to get 1 SSD and at the same time could help somebody who wants MSB.

I have a 21021 press kit version which has been used (built once and dismantled).  The very stylish outer box and press kit extras like the CD are all included.  You can see what the press kit version looks like and contains here: http://rebrickable.com/blog/2013/review-21021-marina-bay-sands-hotel under box contents.  As this is an even more unique item though it has been used I have no idea what it might be worth.  I'm guessing the only way to know will be to put it up for sale as I can't find any auctions to compare it to, not surprisingly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...