Does anyone know if Bricklink 2.0 will have an option for auction?

I haven't heard that on the table yet, but they are still (as far as I know) planning on more seller round tables, so it's possible it might come up as an idea.

Since I don't much like auctions (as a seller), I can live without the option, but if it does occur I'm certainly willing to take advantage of the target-rich auction environment as a buyer.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Bricklink is "under construction" as apparently they are moving servers. Not sure if this is the "big" update, but I am looking forward to seeing it back on either way: http://www.bricklink.com/ (This seemed like the most recent Bricklink-related topic, if its in the wrong place, mods you can move it).

I think the trend is away from auctions. Amazon has the new desired format for selling items IMO. EBay seems to be messing too much with their old tried and true formula.

What is the Desired Format that amazon have?

I have always like the auction format because as a buyer, BIN prices are most often above what I want to pay on listings. Though the amount of BINs listings has exposed in the past few years.

What is the Desired Format that amazon have?

I have always like the auction format because as a buyer, BIN prices are most often above what I want to pay on listings. Though the amount of BINs listings has exposed in the past few years.

To be quite honest, eBay doesn't really care what you want.  eBay only cares what makes it more money.  The eBay commission structure for sellers and affiliates is constantly being tweaked by eBay, to the detriment of both.  Unless you are an eBay affiliate, you really have no idea what I am talking about, but the future of eBay looks a lot like Amazon IMO.