hombz.com

I found another site selling Legos that sent the BS meter pegging... HomBZ.com They have the Maersk train for $87 (as well as Diagon Alleyand The Pet Shop for $99 each). So I thought "hmmmmm, let's see..." Put the order in then they direct you to paypal for payment. OK....so I see if the vendor is 'verified' but can't find anywhere on paypal where that info is. No way will I send money unless they are verified. The website has a phone number so I call ((951) 200-4263?) I get a recorded message...no one there, blah blah blah...leave a message. BS meter pegging even more. I look at the "invoice" the sent me via email Here's the address they ship from: Dean Geisler 1963 Maple Ave St Costa Mesa, CA 92627 I do a Google maps check and it's some house or apartment building in Costa Mesa. So, needless to say I haven't and will not send them any money. Funny thing is there are 'credible' write ups on the web regarding HomBZ but I really don't trust them. If they would have answered the phone and I could have paid via CC then I would have at least some recourse thru the CC company via buyer protection. But with an unverified paypal account I would be screwed.

The website name alone sounds wierd.... Seems like another 'home' business deal. Websearch shows a 85 percent approval rating (why at 85 is bugging the heck out of me). I don't know, I've heard some recent identity thefts originating from California. Good deal or not, I would not order from this site. WAY too risky! (Especially the unverifiable account!)

Dude this website is hilarious!!! In the about us section it says that if you find something you like but its not in your "price range" just email us and we can work something out. Ha ha ha ha!!! I am gonna send and email and say that the Maersk train isn't in my price range @ 87.00 and tell them I wanna pay 20 bucks lol. Paypal won't cover you if this is not legit???

I can't find the other thread on this topic so feel free to combine them....I am very intruiged by this website and their prices on LEGO sets. My gut feeling like most everyone else's is that this is probably a scam. But I really want to find out for sure. I have emailed them a few times and they always respond promptly with helpful answers. They guaranteed my box would arrive pristine. If it was a scam wouldnt they have been shut down by now? Someone please talk me out of ordering from them. I just really want to know if they are legit!!

I can't find the other thread on this topic so feel free to combine them....I am very intruiged by this website and their prices on LEGO sets. My gut feeling like most everyone else's is that this is probably a scam. But I really want to find out for sure. I have emailed them a few times and they always respond promptly with helpful answers. They guaranteed my box would arrive pristine. If it was a scam wouldnt they have been shut down by now? Someone please talk me out of ordering from them. I just really want to know if they are legit!!

I will ban you from this site if you order from them...How is that? Did you ever hear the old saying..."If it sounds too good to be true...blah, blah, blah?"

Shut down by who? Internet Police? LOL Send me your money...I'll buy some nice sets from Amazon or Walmart. ;-)

I think you should stay away, but why don't you call your credit card company and ask them what their policies are for sites like this that do have all those Trust Seals, etc. If anything go through Paypal to hide/protect your credit information and hopefully Paypal will refund you if it comes to a worst case scenario.

These prices seem way too good to be true, but you never know. Stephen if you do end up ordering from them let us know if it's legit, but it seems like it could be a scam, their prices are better than Walmart and Amazon, who can aquire Lego's for cheaper than Walmart or Amazon and still sell them that low and make a profit? No one I know but hey you never know.....

These prices seem way too good to be true, but you never know. Stephen if you do end up ordering from them let us know if it's legit, but it seems like it could be a scam, their prices are better than Walmart and Amazon, who can aquire Lego's for cheaper than Walmart or Amazon and still sell them that low and make a profit? No one I know but hey you never know.....

I know...It's BS. LOL. Who is going to stop these people? Who do you report it to? They have all the popular toys to attract collectors. They know how to sucker people in and feed off of investor greed. You will order something, then it will mysteriously get lost in transit. There is no way they get these sets cheaper than Amazon or Walmart unless the steal them.

I will ban you from this site if you order from them...How is that? Did you ever hear the old saying..."If it sounds too good to be true...blah, blah, blah?"

Shut down by who? Internet Police? LOL Send me your money...I'll buy some nice sets from Amazon or Walmart. ;-)

local and federal law enforcement doesnt monitor websites? Its theft if they take your money and you don't get a product...right?

I tried to buy a set from them, but the one I wanted was OOS, I emailed the owner and got a reasonably prompt reply that was poorly worded: "Hello, We temporary out of stock that item. Please comeback in next week. Thank you." With Paypal's buyer protection, there isn't really a huge risk if it is in fact a scam. I'm still tempted.

local and federal law enforcement doesnt monitor websites? Its theft if they take your money and you don't get a product...right?Answer to your first question is no for most sites. Unless it is some kind of website that promotes deviant or dangerous behavior, the police have very little time or manpower to take care of internet crime like fraud. Most of these sites are run by very smart crooks who know how to beat the system, just staying one step ahead of the law. Police forces are short handed and losing manpower daily in this bad economy.

As for the theft aspect, I guess you can consider it that, but they will reply to emails and speak of lost items or shipping issues and just BS you until you give up. PayPal is a nice protection, but you can bet they will not move as fast as they do with EBAY, if at all. The bottom line is that you are risking $100 to save $10. Not a good deal.

• 2 months later...

I bought a Lego Harry Potter Diagon alley set for $100 + $15 shipping. It did arrive and was new in factory sealed box, but inside was a receipt from Toys R Us with someone else's name on it, with $149.99 on it. I suppose that this place takes your money and uses someone else's credit card to purchase the goods. I used paypal to pay for the set and did not have any security problems afterwards such as my account info being stolen to buy other people's goods. However, I do believe this is unethical because some other person is being taken advantage of. In short, I will not buy from this company because although the prices are unbeatable, they are dishonest.

I bought a Lego Harry Potter Diagon alley set for $100 + $15 shipping. It did arrive and was new in factory sealed box, but inside was a receipt from Toys R Us with someone else's name on it, with $149.99 on it. I suppose that this place takes your money and uses someone else's credit card to purchase the goods. I used paypal to pay for the set and did not have any security problems afterwards such as my account info being stolen to buy other people's goods. However, I do believe this is unethical because some other person is being taken advantage of. In short, I will not buy from this company because although the prices are unbeatable, they are dishonest.

super, super shady!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

CREDIT CARD SCAM!!! I ordered 17 items out of which 13 were canceled after 2 weeks with the excuse that they were not in stock. The other 4 were shipped directly from the manufacturer but under 4 different accounts. Also, every e-mail came from a different account. It looks like he is using stolen credit cards to send merchandise to his customers. This way nothing traces back to him.