Legends of Chima 2014

Noodlenut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have changed my tune on Chima. They cleared out quick, nothing had dust on it unlike other themes. I think these were good sellers. Stick to the biggest. The sets are neat builds and the playability is huge. My kids love them. The new biggest 3 sets are awesome and i will be buying them for the kids as soon as i can get them 20% off. Group think is alive and well on this site. No guarantees in this game but a high percentage of these sets are being opened, which is good for the long term investor. I am not going all in since they are not exclusives, but i do think we will be pleasantly surprised at the price appreciation.

• Like 1

I am still skeptical on the overall investment value, but I will say this: During my recent Clearance waves, parents/kids were definitely asking for Chima. So it's getting more popular. I think they were a tad overproduced, especially the Speedorz - I still don't think these are nearly as popular as LEGO hoped, but they aren't the complete duds they started out as. I am staying away from Worriz' combat lair by and large because it seems like there are a bajillion of them around, and they've been steeply discounted for a very long time.

I am a big fan of the packaging of the new sets, they look really sharp with the red boxes. And the Fire Phoenix/Base set I think is really cool as well.

not a fan of these at all. got a few large sets at target around july 4th (chi temples,cragger's ships) ONLY because they were half price. not expecting much of them other than Christmas flips at slightly over msrp, maybe. thoughts?

I already unloaded all 10 of my Chi Temple purchased at Target/TRU 50% off for about $330-$350 profit and regret not buying more. These will yield a healthy profit come Xmas season. I also ended up with decent profits from Worriz Combat Lair from the Target.com deal earlier this year so I will be buying any Worriz Combat Lair I see at 50% off. These are only for quick flips, since funds could be better used elsewhere for longer term investments.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I already unloaded all 10 of my Chi Temple purchased at Target/TRU 50% off for about $330-$350 profit and regret not buying more. These will yield a healthy profit come Xmas season. I also ended up with decent profits from Worriz Combat Lair from the Target.com deal earlier this year so I will be buying any Worriz Combat Lair I see at 50% off. These are only for quick flips, since funds could be better used elsewhere for longer term investments.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

So where did you sell the Lion Chi temple for $410+shipping(+fees) ????

Ah ok, the range (330-350) had me thinking of 1 unit. Congrats. Not sure if it would go up a lot more than that had you waited until Christmas

Welll, it looks like I left about $100-$150 on the table by not waiting a few more weeks...with the exception of 1 seller, the best BIN price on ebay is already at $130...I think 70010 could easily fetch $150+ around xmas season and even more after EOL. For me (full-time seller), I do not have much faith in Chima as an investment, so I was happy to turn $500 into $800+ in about 2 weeks and move onto the next flip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...