Bad Luck with Walmart

Rich B

My Buddy ordered the SSD from Walmart last week and he told me it arrived in the original Lego outerbox. Further note I returned the petshop to Walmart that I received last week and was open. No issues with the return but they did tell me they would not refund the shipping cost. it was only 97 cents so not a big deal but something to keep in mind if you ever have to pay a lot for shipping from Walmart.

I wonder what kind of standards the big retailers have for an item before sending it out? They all send LEGO boxes in poor condition at times, even LEGO. I try to buy smaller, single orders in the hopes that a single box will damage less easily than multiple larger boxes, in one big shipping box.

Just went to my Walmart to pick up my order (R2D2 and SSD). They were both packaged in their own Walmart box. The R2D2 box was slightly larger but there were some brown paper to fill the void. The SSD box was a snug fit. There's some very minor scuffs but overall, I'm very satisfied with my order.

• 2 weeks later...

I have picked up several Ship to Store sets now and only 1 was damaged at all, my R2D2 was a little pressed in on one side, I may take it back, not sure yet. I bought 2 Vampire Castles, and they, like someone else's 2 QAR's, came in a LEGO outer shipping box together. I have been very pleased so far with the set's conditions after hearing some horror stories from the first shipments coming in from discount day a few weeks ago.

I have picked up several Ship to Store sets now and only 1 was damaged at all, my R2D2 was a little pressed in on one side, I may take it back, not sure yet. I bought 2 Vampire Castles, and they, like someone else's 2 QAR's, came in a LEGO outer shipping box together. I have been very pleased so far with the set's conditions after hearing some horror stories from the first shipments coming in from discount day a few weeks ago.

I had 2 QAR's finally come in from Walmart and they were in the original Lego box in pristine condition. Also got 3 winter bakery's, 2 were pristine, the other was in a separate box and was crushed pretty bad, keeping it and building it so I'm not as worried about the condition of that one. Glad to hear you've had good luck so far Huskers, because you never know what you're going to get, sometimes great condition and other times it's not so good unfortunately.