Where to buy shipping boxes for your lego sets?

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before, but I did a search and found nothing about it.

So for all ebayers, where do you guys usually buy the shipping boxes to pack the Lego box?   I am looking for shipping boxes where the dimension looks something like the ones shipped by Amazon, about 24"L x 17"W x 6"****.    I checked Walmart and Target, they only have the cube-shape boxes, they are too tall for just one Lego set.  I also checked FedEx office but they are way too expensive.

Any suggestions?

I use a company that happens to be local here in Charlotte, but they are a global shipping supply company called PakSouth.  I have to have a like a $125 minimum order to pick it up locally, but I'm not sure if there is a minimum online.  They have just about any shape or size you need and the prices are great.  Also, with the minimum I do get packing paper and fragile stickers, so it's not all boxes.  It's definitely worth the volume of boxes if you plan on doing this ongoing.  I would first google shipping supplies and see what pops up locally.  You may find some previously unheard of company like I did that solves all your needs cheaply.

Hope that helps.

I believe that Home Depot has some, but those are primarily the cube boxes you are talking about, for packaging.

A lot of the big sellers here use a company called ULINE, which sells boxes in nearly every dimension, BUT you have to buy in bulk. Which means a few dozen of  each kind, or something like that. I personally don't use them, since I don't sell in high enough volume to need to buy boxes. Perhaps some other member can enlighten you.

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before, but I did a search and found nothing about it.

So for all ebayers, where do you guys usually buy the shipping boxes to pack the Lego box?   I am looking for shipping boxes where the dimension looks something like the ones shipped by Amazon, about 24"L x 17"W x 6"****.    I checked Walmart and Target, they only have the cube-shape boxes, they are too tall for just one Lego set.  I also checked FedEx office but they are way too expensive.

Any suggestions?

Try Uline.com the only downside is you have to buy bulk of 25 of each size.  If you loaded up on sets that are at certain price point/size, you can easily use up those 25.  

You can also try the Container Store or Staples.  

I  haven't shipped many large sets, so I can't offer advice based on experience. However, I was in at a local Container Store recently and was pleasantly surprised by the selection of sizes at decent prices without having to buy in bulk. Might be worth investigating if you just have an occasional need and there is a Container Store location nearby.

Boxes are cheap...the shipping of boxes is expensive.  Look for a local packing supply company first but if you can't find one...Ebay can be a good source for boxes as well.

When I have to resort to buying one box I go to Staples and get the kind that allow you to cut the sides down to better fit whatever you are mailing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for posting this topic, it has been on my mind the last few weeks.  Looking through the forums and using google I have narrowed it down for myself to Uline or Staples.com.  I was very surprised that staples.com has a wide selection of sizes and free shipping with orders of 19.99 or more.  Which leads me to my question for Huskers1236...

I bought mine at Staples.com and they were free shipped to a local store.  Saved about $70 over Uline.com.  They have about any size you can think of.  Check it out.

How is the quality of the boxes from staples compared to Uline? I haven't ordered yet because I wasn't sure if I was going to get screwed by staples.  In my experience their products are either overpriced or subpar, or both. Thanks.

We use Uline and have been using their boxes for year and never had any problems. If your order is big enough you can get it freight in and save a lot on shipping. Another way to save is what most people have mentioned and that is to look for boxes at work or from other business. Most companies pay to get their boxes recycled so if you can take them away for free they might be happy with that. 

Thanks for posting this topic, it has been on my mind the last few weeks.  Looking through the forums and using google I have narrowed it down for myself to Uline or Staples.com.  I was very surprised that staples.com has a wide selection of sizes and free shipping with orders of 19.99 or more.  Which leads me to my question for Huskers1236...

How is the quality of the boxes from staples compared to Uline? I haven't ordered yet because I wasn't sure if I was going to get screwed by staples.  In my experience their products are either overpriced or subpar, or both. Thanks.

They aren't the super sturdy boxes that, say, USPS Priority boxes are. But they aren't flimsy, either.  Once they get taped up, they work just fine.  Anything to lower my costs is a plus in my book. I'm pretty sure the website says what test weight they are rated for.