Modular Firehouse or Emporium?

ezbricks

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd say Grand Emporium as it's a corner set and my gut feeling is that it'll also EOL first.  Put it this way, I have 10x GE and 1x FB.  Also buy from LEGO Shop at Home as it's still cheaper than Amazon and you get free shipping along with the mini VW camper.  I'm in the UK but, I noticed that most of my LEGO Shop at Home orders are actually shipped from the NL.

I'm going shopping this weekend and it looks like both Fire House and Emporium are EOL. Can only spend my money once. Which do you advise?

What information do you have that these are both EOL?  I've seen speculation that one or both will be gone at the end of the year, but that's all it is at this point.

If I were in your position and really wanted to speculate on EOL, I would always default to the set that's been out longer.  In this case, it's Fire Brigade.  We don't really know when these are leaving though, and both have had a LONG run on shelves (4+ years for FB, 3.5+ years for GE).  The longer they're on shelves, the less people will need them/pay for them when they retire.  It also has given resellers a lot more time to stockpile them.

I based my EOL conclusion on the many articles on this forum. Sounds as if GE is the way to go.

There are many forum posts that have proven to be wildly incorrect when discussing EOL.  I don't even trust "consensus" on this site (and I'm a Mod!)when it comes to EOL, although it's quite fun to speculate. Be sure your goal for this purchase isn't to flip your GE/FB quickly as there's a decent chance you will be holding on to it for multiple years waiting for EOL and then subsequent retirement growth.

Just my $.02 - you're welcome to do with your $ what you please...