Best part out set for tan, brown?

boxofcorey

5766-1 Log cabin for brown although I am not seeing it as often in stores now.  If you want more upward slopes and some plates in brown, go with 31004 fierce flyer.  79004 Barrel escape and 79010 Goblin King battle would be great too for brown and tan especially if you sell off the minifigures.  You might still be able to get the goblin king battle at target for $65 as opposed to the retail of $100. 

• Like 1

I think Jabba or Desert Skiff. Here is the breakdown:

Jabba - Minifigs can get you about 50 after fees so really not a terrible deal to get all the brown pieces. Can be readily had for $95ish, but if you roam Ebay I see them pop up for 85-90 quite often.

Desert Skiff - One downside is that these figures are all over Ebay. They may sit for a while. Not a lot of pieces either.

5766-1 Log cabin for brown although I am not seeing it as often in stores now.  If you want more upward slopes and some plates in brown, go with 31004 fierce flyer.  79004 Barrel escape and 79010 Goblin King battle would be great too for brown and tan especially if you sell off the minifigures.  You might still be able to get the goblin king battle at target for $65 as opposed to the retail of $100. 

The price on Goblin King battle is good until 9/21 if they have them in stock.

Not looking for specific pieces so much as specific colors, so there are a few ideas in here that I hadn't thought of. Need to stockpile and then maybe I can actually make something out of my hundreds of lbs of loose LEGO.

PoP/Pharaoh's might be a good place to find some cheap unique pieces, but do people buy those minifigs? I feel like I'd get stuck with them.

Maybe some cheap Prince of Persia stuff? Use that negative CAGR to your advantage! BTW...I think Fry's still has the Log Cabin.

Same train of thought here! The cheap PoP sets are great for parting out, especially for the abundance of tan and brown pieces. Not sure what you will do with the other non-tan/brown pieces, but for your purposes, I think the theme is a great place to start.

PoP/Pharaoh's might be a good place to find some cheap unique pieces, but do people buy those minifigs? I feel like I'd get stuck with them.

Pharoah's Quest is another great option for your purposes. It depends on what the purpose of your parting out is. To resell, I'd say try to stick to more recent and popular themes, but if you are just looking for tan pieces for a MOC, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to keep the whole set. After all, you can't really sell a Sydney Opera House without the tan pieces! LOL