Help! I am being harassed by Amazon to buy Amazon Prime

justafrog

I feel bullied by Amazon. Lately when I order from them, their free "super saver" shipping has been taking forrrrrevvvvvver to get out the door. At the same time, their incessant yammering to join Prime has been ramping up on my Amazon screens, in my mailbox, etc.

My 2 a.m. Pacific time conspiracy theory is that they're trying to bully me with redonculously slow shipping so I have no choice but to buy prime or suffer the, "hmm, we know we put your stuff around here SOMEWHERE" consequences.

I was about to sign up for Prime anyway (it does make sense for as much as I buy from Amazon) but now they've made me feel like I'm negotiating with terrorists and I don't want to let them win.

Back OFF Amazon! If you want this relationship to work I need a little space!

• Like 1

The problem with prime is you have to immediately pay the $75. I wish it was monthly. With how much I prepay (insurance, warranties, etc.) paying another $75 sucks for just faster shipping.

And yes you are right - they bully you. I have been getting it like crazy. Shipping taking like 2 weeks. I am going to probably bite the bullet soon and just get it. Or buy stuff with my friends account who has it.

I love Prime and have been a member for years.  I love the shipping, many times I get things in a day, not two for "Free".  The speed of shipping is definitely worth the money especially if you are having issues with slow shipping.  I obviously am a tech nut, but the Amazon Prime movies to me is just an extra added bonus and they are always adding more value. So yes, I am a fan, and will continue to be a Prime member.

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

btw you might want to change the title of your post. Maybe I'm just a little overly sensitive about this but bullying is a very serious issue (we've had a couple of high profile cases involving bullying and suicides here in Canada) and I don't think it's a good idea putting it in the title as it can raise false flags (I was actually very worried when I saw the title on the main page).

My 2 cts. 

btw you might want to change the title of your post. Maybe I'm just a little overly sensitive about this but bullying is a very serious issue (we've had a couple of high profile cases involving bullying and suicides here in Canada) and I don't think it's a good idea putting it in the title as it can raise false flags (I was actually very worried when I saw the title on the main page).

My 2 cts. 

I agree with this. I saw the title and was VERY concerned. It kinda made me frustrated that it had to only do with Amazon...

As far as the shipping goes I think it really depends on your location. I know since I live near the Amazon area it is VERY fast shipping. But it's all situational.

My 2 cts. 

If the admins feel it's too politically/socially insensitive, would they kindly change it to whatever seems best? "Help! I'm being Marketed To!" ? :-D )

To others: I do agree that Prime is worth it for the shipping alone for me, I just suffer from occasional bouts of stubborn thriftiness (i.e, I'm cheap) and since my Free Super Saving Shipping USED to be very fast, I complacently ignored it. Now those rascals at Amazon are on to me and hold my orders for a week before shipping to teach me a lesson in Why I Need Prime, Now.

I love Prime and have been a member for years.  I love the shipping, many times I get things in a day, not two for "Free".  The speed of shipping is definitely worth the money especially if you are having issues with slow shipping.  I obviously am a tech nut, but the Amazon Prime movies to me is just an extra added bonus and they are always adding more value. So yes, I am a fan, and will continue to be a Prime member.

Was Amazon Prime how you got my Haunted House set to me practically the very next day? :blink: Hot damn!

Prime members get their items shipped faster than non prime members.  Seems straightforward that non prime members always will ship later in favor of the prime.  So long as they are getting items to you inside of their time estimates I'm not sure how they are slow if they have given you rough shipping estimates.

Until recently, my orders have almost always shipped within a day or two, often same day. Recently, they have taken up to a week or so to get off the dock and in transit. That's definitely slower than the service they have provided to me in the past, and also slow by many shipping standards.

I think it's calculated to strong arm more buyers into Prime. It'll work with me, but it is still a bit of a punk move on a customer IMO as a mail order merchant myself.

Until recently, my orders have almost always shipped within a day or two, often same day. Recently, they have taken up to a week or so to get off the dock and in transit. That's definitely slower than the service they have provided to me in the past, and also slow by many shipping standards.

I think it's calculated to strong arm more buyers into Prime. It'll work with me, but it is still a bit of a punk move on a customer IMO as a mail order merchant myself.

We noticed the same, they wait till the last 2 days then ship, and its delivered on the day they promised.

Of course they want us to purchase prime, but my family is never in a big hurry, so we can wait  for their "free shipping" even if it takes a week or so :)

• Like 1