Get Lego sets (including exclusives and hard to find) in your Amazon Goldbox Consistenly

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

Amazon actually has the "best" recommendation engine on the market.  I forget the exact number but their recommendation engine is responsible for a staggering increase in sales.  Their customer complaints about their recommendation engine and personalized emails have also dropped by a lot as they improved their formula....which also equals more $$$.

Where do I find m reccomended list and the ability to remove items

I don't see them, I am currently on my iPad is that why?

If you go to Amazons main page and you are logged in, you go to "<your name>'s Amazon". Here you should see recommendations and you can click on "browse my recommended items". I believe this only works on the US site though.

Amazon actually has the "best" recommendation engine on the market.  I forget the exact number but their recommendation engine is responsible for a staggering increase in sales.  Their customer complaints about their recommendation engine and personalized emails have also dropped by a lot as they improved their formula....which also equals more $$$.

Thats interesting. I mentioned a couple of issues with it, but really thinking about it I can't think of a better one out there so you definitely make a great point. And honestly being able to get a 5% extra discount is a big deal some times. Definitely a good system, I think I may have been too critical. Toys R Us sends me a bunch of coupons for Baby stuff though I have never bought any Baby stuff, nor do I have a baby, nor do I want to. lol

I just press owned on all the old Xmas sets and got the cottage this morning. Yesterday, I got the sail barge after I click on a bunch of owns on older star set. You do have to remove it from your wishlist. I have been playing with this more actively the last few weeks and you can definitely malipulate it to your liking.

I just press owned on all the old Xmas sets and got the cottage this morning. Yesterday, I got the sail barge after I click on a bunch of owns on older star set. You do have to remove it from your wishlist. I have been playing with this more actively the last few weeks and you can definitely malipulate it to your liking.

Its actually really fun isn't it? It's sort of like a puzzle. Like different stuff, see what happens - there are some weeks where I buy something from it everyday. lol

I played with the recommendations again last night I ended up getting the Cinema and VW Camper. Basically what I did was I check all the small sets I bought as gifts from my order and checked owned on the old retired modular placed on my wishlist and VOLIA. To pinpoint certain set you want, you can also just toss all the "customer bought this also bought" in your wishlist except for the one you want. This is not the holy grail to crack their algo but it has work for me quite well so far for the past few week. Especially when there are never sales on the exclusives, you at least get your 5% off and no sales tax.

&nbsp;

I just wish there was a way to get sets you've already bought from them in your Quick Picks?&nbsp; Anyone know how to manipulate that?

&nbsp;

Have you tried marking that as gift and don't use for recommendation, after that toss all the also bought in your wishlist? Just make sure that is not on your wishlist as well. For some reason they only give me sets that are not on my wishlist. I also recommendation opening up a smurf account to play with these as well if you don't want to mess with what you already have.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Halloween costume, pesticide, and some shipping envelopes and selected that they not be considered in my recommendations.  My "Quick Picks" have been screwed up ever since.  Look what showed up in my Gold Box Quick Picks today???

Bangerz

Too bad they didnt offer you the bundle pack with the big foam finger!

• Like 1

My quick picks **** to bed for a couple weeks.  I bought a bunch of Lego again and now it's filled.  Unless you constantly fixed your pick everyday or constantly buy, it's hard to get sets in a consistent basis.  I still couldn't get anything I bought on the list.  Anyone have any success getting sets you already bought?

Ok dumb question...how do you mark something as "owned"...I;ve been looking forever and can't find a spot to do this!  grrr...

If you go to your recommendations list, you can indicate if you own an item they recommend. I couldn't find any way to "own" an item not on your recommendations list.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed something about my "quick picks".  I have a long list of lego sets in my "wish list".  I have noticed that I never get any of those sets in my quick picks.  I decided to delete a couple of them and what do you know, 2 of the 3 sets I deleted showed up in my quick picks the next day. I thought adding sets to your wish list is suppose to help?  I guess not.

I just noticed something about my "quick picks".  I have a long list of lego sets in my "wish list".  I have noticed that I never get any of those sets in my quick picks.  I decided to delete a couple of them and what do you know, 2 of the 3 sets I deleted showed up in my quick picks the next day. I thought adding sets to your wish list is suppose to help?  I guess not.

I thought it was before, but I noticed this before as well that I killed my wish list and stuff showed up all of a sudden.

I wonder if Amazon thinks - well they are going to buy this anyway eventually.  Still it feel slike you are telling amazon, hey I want this, discount it!

I deleted all the stuff that I want to buy off my wish list.  For example, I want the Winter Cottage (not retired), I mark all the retired one in the series as owned and on my wish list.  The end result is that set showing up on my quick pick once a month.  So just rinse and repeat, I put as owned for all the retired Star Wars sets in the 99-140 MSRP range, the Sail Barge and Palace shows up once a month.  That's my formula, hope it helps.  

Yes, between mine and my son's Amazon account the Exclusive hard to Find Sets Pop up in The Gold Box. Usually the sale is about $7-8 off. And there are about 4-5 sets each time, this week it was the Pet Shop, Joust, Horizon Express Trail and a few others.

$7-8 bucks doesnt seem that great .. Wouldnt it be better to purchase it at lego.com during say the black friday promo period for the christmas set? :)

• Like 1