Get Lego sets (including exclusives and hard to find) in your Amazon Goldbox Consistenly

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

So a while back I wrote this blog, but it was in the middle of a crap load of others and I don't know how people saw it. Maybe everyone already does this:

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/28/entry-366-amazon-gold-box-deals-make-sure-you-are-getting-the-most-out-of-amazons-discount-system/

Anyway, you can basically tell Amazon you only want Lego sets in your Gold box and it works really pretty well. I have multiple Lego sets in it almost everyday. Last 3 days in a row, I have had at least one of the minecraft sets and I got all three of them for $33.24 which as you all know anything is a good discount on those.

I also recently got the delorean, and pick up battlepacks constantly there. 

If you aren't doing this, you are missing out. Just wanted to let people know if they didn't already.

• Like 5

So a while back I wrote this blog, but it was in the middle of a crap load of others and I don't know how people saw it. Maybe everyone already does this:

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/28/entry-366-amazon-gold-box-deals-make-sure-you-are-getting-the-most-out-of-amazons-discount-system/

Anyway, you can basically tell Amazon you only want Lego sets in your Gold box and it works really pretty well. I have multiple Lego sets in it almost everyday. Last 3 days in a row, I have had at least one of the minecraft sets and I got all three of them for $33.24 which as you all know anything is a good discount on those.

I also recently got the delorean, and pick up battlepacks constantly there. 

If you aren't doing this, you are missing out. Just wanted to let people know if they didn't already.

Thanks for the great info....just tried it, and one of the new Minecraft immediately popped up in my Gold Box....so I had to buy it! 

Is goldbox an amazon.com only thing, or do other countries have a similar deals offer?

I think all the Amazon''s have it. I haven't set up my UK account, but I got on it and I had a Gold box section.

How do I get amazon to price match? That would be awesome!

Definitely. Unfortunately I think a bunch of people have to email them and then they do it.

• Like 1

Thanks for this.  I finally saw Jabba's Palace for $86.64 in my Quick Picks.  I am still debating weather to get it due to the whole controversy....

How do I get amazon to price match? That would be awesome!

On the item page, scroll down towards the end of "Product Details".  Click the "tell us about a lower price" link and fill out the appropriate information.  Now wait patiently ;)  Amazon usually matches the price when enough people tell them about it.

Thanks for this.  I finally saw Jabba's Palace for $86.64 in my Quick Picks.  I am still debating weather to get it due to the whole controversy....

I like it at that price. They sell for between 90-100 on Ebay. I don't think the price will ever go below that so I don't think its bad to have a few.

I plan on having at least 2-3 stashed away. It is a pretty nice set.

I enjoyed the blog and I've reduced my recommendations and wish lists accordingly.  Now I just see if it worked.

Do you ever see anything amazing, like 20% off a Death Star or something?

I wish! No nothing crazy. Normally its just an extra 5% off. However, what happens a lot of the time is you will get something that Amazon just recently reduced the price on (for like a day). SO then you are getting an extra 5% on that and its an easy way to see that when it happens.

Like yesterday the new SW AT-TE went down to $80 for a short while and it showed up in my quick picks as $75.

Thanks DNIIM, it took me about an hour to get rid of the other categories, but I've had a good selection of Lego Quick Picks the past 2 days.

Lol glad its working. Definitely take some vigilance and paying attention but it works.

I have now gotten 2 sets of all three minecraft sets, the Delorean, the LOTR pirate ship, pretty much all the new Star Wars sets, and the Ninjaco golden dragon. Definitely increased my spending.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know we have harped on this in this thread before - But I confirmed you can get exclusives and Hard to Finds in your gold box. With the lack of discounts going forward, this could be the best way to grab some of these. I have seen:

New UCS Xwing

Tower of Orthanic

Pet Shop

Grand Emporium

Sopwith Camel

Haunted House

I am assuming you could even tune your gold box by only liking certain exclusives to get those in there especially. This may be big time going forward, especially for those of us who aren't taxed by Amazon!

Could a mod change the title as well to add "including exclusives/hard-to-find" so the thread's meaning is easier to see without having to read this post? thanks.

I know we have harped on this in this thread before - But I confirmed you can get exclusives and Hard to Finds in your gold box. With the lack of discounts going forward, this could be the best way to grab some of these. I have seen:

New UCS Xwing

Tower of Orthanic

Pet Shop

Grand Emporium

Sopwith Camel

Haunted House

I am assuming you could even tune your gold box by only liking certain exclusives to get those in there especially. This may be big time going forward, especially for those of us who aren't taxed by Amazon!

Could a mod change the title as well to add "including exclusives/hard-to-find" so the thread's meaning is easier to see without having to read this post? thanks.

It kinda sucks, just started getting taxed in virginia by amazon

New UCS Xwing

Tower of Orthanic

Pet Shop

Grand Emporium

Sopwith Camel

Haunted House

Anything that is in my Wish List doesn't ever show up in my Gold Box quick picks.  They also are never in my recommended items lists.  Of course, most of them I've already bought from Amazon at one time or another, but should I remove them from my Wish List and put them somewhere else, like Save for Later or something?

Anything that is in my Wish List doesn't ever show up in my Gold Box quick picks.  They also are never in my recommended items lists.  Of course, most of them I've already bought from Amazon at one time or another, but should I remove them from my Wish List and put them somewhere else, like Save for Later or something?

So when you go to your recommended items, what types of stuff do you see?

I know that I have to clear it out with anything other than Legos every once in a while. Amazon does some weird stuff and their algorithm definitely tries vary the products somewhat. its actually really funny when you finally beat it. Like once a week, they just give up and I get all Legos. lol.

I honestly have kind've figured out that Amazon doesn't care about your wishlist near as much as what you have rated 5 stars and rated "not interested". At least from my experience.

Still, its not foolproof. Every once in a while I have a day like today where I get a cat mat and laundry detergent. But hey, I am gonna go broke.

Also, I don't think their rule of buying one a day actually works. I got the delorean in there the other day and bought 4, just every couple of hours.

I have lots of Lego in my Toys & Games recommended items list, but none of the sets that I have in my Wish List. I'm tempted to remove them to see if they start showing up as recommended items.

On your recommended items, check off the items that you don't want as owned if it's a theme that you like (i.e. all the old Star Wars sets if that's your cup of tea).  I went from having 1 Lego item every 2 days to having 4-8 items consistently for my quick pick.

Where do I find m reccomended list and the ability to remove items

I don't see them, I am currently on my iPad is that why?

Press either Fix It or Not Interested or Own It

If you press Fix It, it gives you reasons to choose either Own It or Don't Use For Recommendation.  Optimally you want some history of buying Lego too.  Your Quick Pick will enhance if you eliminate your non-Lego Item with Don't Use For Recommendation.