WTShopko

tonysbricks

After reading the comments on the purchase thread about the steals at Shopko, and finding myself in a town tonight with a store, I went to check it out. And I had my dad in tow for the senior discount. I could already taste the cash.

Uruk Hai Army, $50. Hulk's heli -- wait, what?

Uruk ..... Hai .... Army ..... $ .... 5.....0.

Then I started noticing other sets priced accordingly.

I cursed a few times and stomped out. I also said something like "more criminal than tru".

• Like 1

After reading the comments on the purchase thread about the steals at Shopko, and finding myself in a town tonight with a store, I went to check it out. And I had my dad in tow for the senior discount. I could already taste the cash.

Uruk Hai Army, $50. Hulk's heli -- wait, what?

Uruk ..... Hai .... Army ..... $ .... 5.....0.

Then I started noticing other sets priced accordingly.

I cursed a few times and stomped out. I also said something like "more criminal than tru".

Not as bad here, but higher then retail, yes.  Then the "sales" tags show up and those bring prices back to normal retail.

Even Terry and all his incredible Shopko deals has stated their 'regular' prices are absolutely atrocious and even worse than Toys R Us most of the time but when they have a sale, they go whole hog from what I have heard. I really do not know as the nearest to me is about 300 miles one way I think. The hell with that even for a great deal.

Well, more power to him and the father he keeps dragging around to them.

Poor old fart is worth his weight in Lego now. :lol:

• Like 1

All these sentiments are true.  Shopko retail is amazingly out of whack, but when they decide to purge stock, they will slash prices.  CMF's are generally like $7 each when they get them in, for example.  As stated, Uruk Hai Army is $50, guarantee any that are left by Christmas will get reduced to like $10 or $15, easy.  Folks, I got a $17 Jabba's Palace at Shopko, they don't mess around.  The trick is knowiing when they clearance, but I'm not even sure Shopko knows that, outside of the holidays.

• Like 1

Even Terry and all his incredible Shopko deals has stated their 'regular' prices are absolutely atrocious and even worse than Toys R Us most of the time but when they have a sale, they go whole hog from what I have heard. I really do not know as the nearest to me is about 300 miles one way I think. The hell with that even for a great deal.

Well, more power to him and the father he keeps dragging around to them.

Poor old fart is worth his weight in Lego now. :lol:

yes, yes, and a thousand more times yes! this is correct. normal shopko retail is the worst there is, but that is what makes them great for clearance shopping. they don't sell squat because their prices are way too high, so they always have plenty left over when it is time to clearance them out. the key is that you have to be there at the right time. when they run their clearance sales they do it in phases. the first clearance will be decent enough to make you consider it, the next phase is usually one that should not be passed up, but the third phase....oh the third phase. I am getting goose bumps just thinking about it. the third phase is how I got 20 weathertops for $18.50 each. 15 desert skiffs for $11 each. 31 two face chases for $22 each. 17 republic class starfighters for $15 each. 10 speeda demons for $8.50 each, etc. these deals do exist. you just have to be patient and persistent.

there are five shopkos within 10 miles of my house. if I want to travel a little further(30 miles. not bad) I can hit up ten total stores. I just make a habit to check in often since they are rather unpredictable as to when and what they plan on putting on clearance.

also, like I have mentioned a few times already in previous posts, the first Wednesday of every month they give seniors an extra 15% off on all of their purchases, including clearance! if you time it right and are willing to gamble, you can wait for this event and really clean up. my father has come to enjoy our lego runs, though we haven't gone on one in awhile. he sounded a little disappointed yesterday morning when I called him to let him know that the $35 TIE fighters I have been stalking for the past three months didn't get reduced further yet. there hasn't been any good clearance at shopko for a couple of months now, and probably won't be until after Christmas at this point. they have already done their resets and have the new sets in already. after Christmas though watch out, because those $50 urak hai armies will be there for the taking!

I will keep everyone posted as usual when I do come across anything substantial. good luck!

• Like 2