5891 - Apple Tree House

brickolodon

It's about bloody time - this one has been available at retail for far too long.  As per my investment corner article, I still think this will have some legs (despite its long run) but perhaps a little slower than other Creator houses.  Get'em before they are gone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Assuming this is Home Bargains? After eBay and PayPal fees, I wouldn't bother as there's only a couple of quid in it. Also this set is hardly inspiring IMHO.

this set pretty much will be a winner.....lets see what doing to happened on Xmas....now close to 70.00!!!  :o Nowhere to be found.

What do you mean nowhere?  It's available at amazon for that price right now... 

Guys, why would you need to pay $70 for this set if you can get bigger Creator house like 31012 (756 pcs) for same or less (expecting discounts in November)?  I have one for my own collection (payed $42, my 1st purchase) but didn't think it's anything special.

That's what I ment :) And that's why I don't understand. Why somebody would pay that much for it, if we have this one for the same price and it looks like a much better bang for your $? What do I miss? :)

I am probably stating the obvious here but they are different. For many people getting more for your money doesn't make it better.

Personally I think this set is awesome. 

I have built nearly all of the creator houses as far back as the building bonanza and hillside and apple tree were by far my favorites.

I also think they look pretty good in a city display and compliment the bigger modulars pretty well.

An old display of mine 

City_zps07da674c.jpg

No idea of the investment potential but from my perspective this set is far from uninspiring. :-)