60022 - City Cargo

rcdb1984

Some of the pieces are huge though.

That is my one problem with the set. The huge molds on the plane. Kinda doesn't feel like lego. I understand though as a brick built plane of that size would be very involved. Still love the set as well as the whole cargo line and I will be looking for them on discount or clearance.

Number: 60022 Released: 2013 Parts: 658 Minifigures: 5 Retail: $99.99

tmp_image.png

Number: 7734 Released: 2008 Parts: 463 Minifigures: 3 Retail: $49.99

7734_main.jpg

The newer one is a lot nicer overall especially with its selection of cargo, jet engines, and white canopy. Big pieces or not, there definately is a price descrepancy. All the more to wait for a discount. :shifty:

Guest ph4tb0i

I will buy it to complete my colleciton with along with 3181 and 3182 that I already have, but not now as it's just came out. This will go on sale sooner or later. 

Number: 60022 Released: 2013 Parts: 658 Minifigures: 5 Retail: $99.99

tmp_image.png

Number: 7734 Released: 2008 Parts: 463 Minifigures: 3 Retail: $49.99

7734_main.jpg

The newer one is a lot nicer overall especially with its selection of cargo, jet engines, and white canopy. Big pieces or not, there definately is a price descrepancy. All the more to wait for a discount. :shifty:

Thanks for the pictures. I actually like that LEGO decided to put bigger pieces into the set. It gives it a sleeker feel to it that you can't get with most LEGO pieces. I still think it's a bit over priced, but it could be justified because of the large pieces, just like train sets, that have tracks and other pieces that are more expensive to manufacture.

Thanks for the pictures. I actually like that LEGO decided to put bigger pieces into the set. It gives it a sleeker feel to it that you can't get with most LEGO pieces. I still think it's a bit over priced, but it could be justified because of the large pieces, just like train sets, that have tracks and other pieces that are more expensive to manufacture.

It's definitely worth the wait for a sale before pulling the trigger on this line.  The set is quite impressive.  100 is a little rich right now.  This will IMO easily be 50% return after EOL.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

think we've got plenty of time to wait, I'm holding off for at least another 18 months unless I see kit for say, 30-50% off?  On another note, I bought a bunch of 3182 Airports (RETIRED) from Tesco UK in July using their extra clubcard points and money off voucher codes bringing them down to approx.