Postive Feedback but Negative Comments on ebay

boomzoom

A buyer left this feedback:

Toys is new, but some box have bug.

I don't know what kind of bug and why there was bug. or if there is bug at all. The toys are brand new sealed. I am a small ebay seller (with around 150 positive feedback). Even though this person gives me a positive feedback, but a negative comment. I am afraid it will affect future buyers to buy from me. What can I do about it?

A buyer left this feedback:

Toys is new, but some box have bug.

I don't know what kind of bug and why there was bug. or if there is bug at all. The toys are brand new sealed. I am a small ebay seller (with around 150 positive feedback). Even though this person gives me a positive feedback, but a negative comment. I am afraid it will affect future buyers to buy from me. What can I do about it?

I believe you can petition Ebay to remove it or edit it:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

I believe I have read somewhere that you can't leave positive with negative sounding comments, but that could be only for buyer feedback.

Honestly though, I doubt it will affect future sales. No one reads positive feedback, just negative.

Ignore it completely. Almost nobody reads feedback, and those that do read only the negs and neutrals and maybe the first few positives - as soon as you get a few more positives (buy 10 cheap things you need anyway and you'll get those), that feedback is never going to be read by anybody.

You CAN leave follow-up feedback, but I would never do that for a positive as it just makes it "stand out" more - but professional feedback followup to a neg or neutral can help you.

• Like 1

I believe you can petition Ebay to remove it or edit it:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

I believe I have read somewhere that you can't leave positive with negative sounding comments, but that could be only for buyer feedback.

It is only for feedback left for someone who is the buyer, they won't remove it for the seller.

They DID just institute some seller protection from buyers who leave positive feedback but all low DSRs.

It is only for feedback left for someone who is the buyer, they won't remove it for the seller.

They DID just institute some seller protection from buyers who leave positive feedback but all low DSRs.

Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't find it with a quick skim through that page.

i will say - you should, instead of buying a bunch of cheap items - But a minifig lot and resell them all separately. Now with Ebay not charging for the first 50 BIN and first bajillion auctions, you can get your seller rating up really quick. I recently bought a lot of 35 minifigs and slowly I am getting close to being a power seller :)

They are so easy to ship and everything its easy feedback.