Segregation - Yellow or Flesh

boxofcorey

Minifig Color Preference  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of minifig do you prefer?

• Yellow
    • Flesh
    • Doesn't Matter

Just a random thought but when (if) you display your sets, do you separate the yellow minifigs from the flesh ones? Say you have Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc. sets that some of the early licensed sets used the yellow while the newer ones used the flesh... do you display them all together?

Maybe it's just my OCD but when they're all together it looks... weird. :nea:

• Like 2

Guest eightbrick

I don't really mind either, the yellow ones are great for the homegrown themes they are in and the fleshies help make licensed items more realistic. Together, they can look a bit weird but who mixes their Star Wars stuff with city anyways?

I don't really mind either, the yellow ones are great for the homegrown themes they are in and the fleshies help make licensed items more realistic. Together, they can look a bit weird but who mixes their Star Wars stuff with city anyways?

There are yellow Star Wars minifigs as well.

Guest eightbrick

There are yellow Star Wars minifigs as well.

Yeah I know, pre-2004/05 everything was yellow except the 2003 Basketball dudes. Not as many people have old school SW though.

Guest eightbrick

I don't care about skin color.  It's the lack of noses that bothers me.  

I'm fine without. This interesting site makes custom minifigures off people's pictures and they look sort of weird with noses. Perhaps too realistic? http://www.minifigme.com/ Here are some heads that did come with noses:

3626bpx60.gif3626cpb665.jpg3626bpb641.jpg3626apx124.jpg

Okay so maybe the last one doesn't exactly count as a triangle of bright orange freckles isn't exactly a nose, but you get the idea.

I'm fine without. This interesting site makes custom minifigures off people's pictures and they look sort of weird with noses. Perhaps too realistic? http://www.minifigme.com/ Here are some heads that did come with noses:

3626bpx60.gif3626cpb665.jpg3626bpb641.jpg3626apx124.jpg

Okay so maybe the last one doesn't exactly count as a triangle of bright orange freckles isn't exactly a nose, but you get the idea.

I agree.  Maybe too realistic.

I like them flesh mini figures. A tad more realistic, or as realistic as you can get with ABS plastic. What annoys me is when TLG prints white on black heads, particularly in Star Wars.

Oh man, great point. I hate the white printing like that too. I am trying to pretend here and play with my toys - what person have you ever seen with a straight up different color face (besides a mime i guess) ?

Just a random thought but when (if) you display your sets, do you separate the yellow minifigs from the flesh ones? Say you have Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc. sets that some of the early licensed sets used the yellow while the newer ones used the flesh... do you display them all together?

Maybe it's just my OCD but when they're all together it looks... weird. :nea:

They do look a little off but I don't mind much. I think the flesh tone works fine for licensed themes but I still prefer classic minifigure yellow and would prefer the classic look over actual skin tone. Perhaps things are more neutral that way. Plus they're easier to customize when everyone is the same color.

They do look a little off but I don't mind much. I think the flesh tone works fine for licensed themes but I still prefer classic minifigure yellow and would prefer the classic look over actual skin tone. Perhaps things are more neutral that way. Plus they're easier to customize when everyone is the same color.

Yeah, I agree. Making my sorry excuses for custom minifigs using Lego parts can be frustrating when you are one flesh hand short, or something like that. It would be much easier if everything was standardized. BUT, knowing me, I'd probably complain about having no variety. ;)

Yeah, I agree. Making my sorry excuses for custom minifigs using Lego parts can be frustrating when you are one flesh hand short, or something like that. It would be much easier if everything was standardized. BUT, knowing me, I'd probably complain about having no variety. ;)

I have so many figs with "gloves" because I couldn't find additional flesh hands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I prefer yellow, I even wish the licensed themes were yellow.  Fleshtone minifigs lose a little bit of that Lego charm, and they start to look more like generic toys to me.

I guess I'm a mixer as I have currently have some lord of the rings orcs and minifigs raiding my Imperial Flagship in a strange pirates/LotR mashup.  Plus, they are mixed in The Lego Movie so I guess the official answer from TLC is to mix :)