CUUSOO just turned into middle school...

ExoBro94

Has anybody seen CUUSOO tonight? I know realize that a large portion of it's users are made up of little kids. Anyway BrickQueen got banned and she blamed it on the user who made the other Jurassic Park concept set. Now people are flaming the hell out of everybody else. I've got me some popcorn and a front row seat to children breaking down emotionally... does that make me a bad person?  :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9HIsFsIEA&feature=c4-overview&list=UU2g84UPgnq7wxFlw5qtrtRw

EDIT:

post-14160-0-39266000-1377139979_thumb.p

Yeah, I just caught wind of this and watched the video earlier. I feel awful for her but starting a flame war by pointing fingers is not going to help anyone. Everyone needs to contact CUUSOO's customer support and give Brick Queen their support. Lego does reserve the power to ban anyone they wish from the site but not without a legitimate reason as of which they still have not given to the public and is now just pouring on the fuel to the flaming going about.

There is a handful of topics in CUUSOO's help section giving reasons as to why her projects should not have been taken down just because somebody had a burr up their ass and felt like flagging all of them for no good reason.

Yeah, I just caught wind of this and watched the video earlier. I feel awful for her but starting a flame war by pointing fingers is not going to help anyone. Everyone needs to contact CUUSOO's customer support and give Brick Queen their support. Lego does reserve the power to ban anyone they wish from the site but not without a legitimate reason as of which they still have not given to the public and is now just pouring on the fuel to the flaming going about.

There is a handful of topics in CUUSOO's help section giving reasons as to why her projects should not have been taken down just because somebody had a burr up their ass and felt like flagging all of them for no good reason.

I honestly think that BQ handled the situation terribly. I don't even think we should show support for her when nobody has any facts.

EDIT: 99.99% sure BQ doesn't even have any "facts".

That`s a shame. Good people get harmed for doing absolutely nothing. I`m in agreement with Orc, best to go about supporting the right way if you are going to do so. Only going to make things worse by causing another incident. For what it`s worth, I was a fan of the JP project as well, but haven`t seen any of he other one`s. Hopefully Lego will get this straightened out (I have confidence) and things can get back on track. 

Also, what Exo said, I agree with that to a point. Making a video like that was not likely the best solution, but hey, it was an effort. I don`t think judgement should be placed on any party until the facts are public. That`s what the fair thing to do is. 

Wow like?:

1. YAY BQ ROCKS!!! ILUV HER! 

2. Wow, she made a mountain out of a mole-hill. 

Honestly, I`d lean heavily toward #2.  :ermm: Not meaning to poke too much, but based on her reaction in the video, I honestly don`t think we heard 100% of the story. If you guys catch what I mean.

• Like 1

It was more number like Wow...Really? 

There is such as thing as, I don`t know, making a new account. Not that difficult to get a new IP either, so it`s not like she`s been permanently banned from the community. Limited maybe, but not shut out. I still like the mole-hill analogy. 

I'm agreeing with exbro. We don't know the whole story and cuusoo wouldn't band a user that helps them with ideas to make money for something like she said in the video. I could be wrong but like exbro said she doesn't have the facts.

If you read the comments before it was taken down you would of seen she possibly contributed to her own demise. She made several comments agreeing that there was a copycat which ultimately encouraged unproductive comments. Might of instead been wise to be humble and appreciate that someone liked your design enough to mimic it.

If you read the comments before it was taken down you would of seen she possibly contributed to her own demise. She made several comments agreeing that there was a copycat which ultimately encouraged unproductive comments. Might of instead been wise to be humble and appreciate that someone liked your set enough to mimic it.

Very true. Anyway if anybody is interested in actually making a Jurassic park set happen, you can support this one: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/47246. It's better anyway to be honest...

I honestly think that BQ handled the situation terribly.

Maybe she didn't handle it too well but I would like to see anyone be fine with having all their work and account deleted all of a sudden for no apparent real reason. She's hurt pretty bad and is looking for a little help from the community and the hate mail she is talking about does not help.

I don't even think we should show support for her when nobody has any facts.

I'm sorry but this last part is pretty harsh. True, we don't have all the facts as you keep stating yet at the same time you're also saying CUUSOO disclosed a legitimate reason as to her specific banishment. I read the comment the CUUSOO staff left and it didn't really answer anything. It read like a typical general 'cookie cutter' response you would hear from an attorney similar to the "I can neither confirm nor deny" statement.

Just because you guys are a fan of BQ doesn't mean she is right...

It doesn't make her wrong either. I'm hoping in the next couple of days, we will hear the whole story from both sides.

Guest eightbrick

Ridiculous. I like BrickQueen, don't watch many of her vids but the ones I have are very well done. However, I don't see the point in her making this video, even if people were asking her about this. It seems like a real pity party to me, and now Senteosan (the creator of that other JP project) is taking a bunch of flack for pure speculation. What happened until innocent until proven guilty?

At least she has the luxury of rallying out to her thousands of subscribers. I bet this isn't the first time tis has happened to someone for no apparent reason.

Guest eightbrick

For some reason I can't edit my earlier comment... so sorry for the double post. Anyway... after reading through all the death threats and sorry videos in response to BQ's Youtube video, I'm sort of annoyed with how she approached this. As others have said, it seems like we aren't getting the full story and I think she should address all the uber angry people who are ready to crucify tj and senteo and tell them to calm down. These guys don't stand a chance against BrickQueen, whose (I'll probably take a bunch of lead for this but..) projects likely wouldn't take off to the slightest magnitude that they did had she been some unknown AFOL. Complaining that some random people hate her because she is a women just seems like a huge pity-gathering device to me, especially in this age when everyone is so sensitive about racism and sexism. Pretty childish, but I won't hold it against her until we get to hear the full story.

About time we got some gossip on this site... ha, those moviegoers have been hogging all this chit chat for too long now!

I've read the above feed regarding Lego Cuusoo and I've also read this link http://www.brickrss.com/go/29413/

I would class myself as a casual visitor to Cuusso & understanding the passion builders have for their projects.

Not to start any arguments on here, however as the above link also mentioned, there are a number of projects that are based on an extension of an existing idea such as what has caused the issue, Jurassic Park. I do not see any issue with suggesting sets that may require some form of licensing arrangement however it does become a very grey issue when you try to claim an idea as your own when you are using elements of an already established genre.

It has been good to see Cuusoo considering original ideas and I am aware that there are perceived issues with the Cuusoo process. For all of the projects that have been approved, almost all of them have required some form of licencing approval to then become a set for the general public.

I have been aware of some of the rumblings on Cuusoo of ideas clashing, Brick Queen is not the first person, nor will she be the last person to be dealt with by the Cuusoo Council, it is always going to be an issue of who did what first in that enviroment.

Cuusoo should encourage the ideas, control the claiming of ideas and moderate the situation so it does not get out of control. If nothing else, Cuusoo will be a reflection of the diversity and ingenuity of the Lego Building Community to come up with new sets.

Has anybody seen CUUSOO tonight? I know realize that a large portion of it's users are made up of little kids. Anyway BrickQueen got banned and she blamed it on the user who made the other Jurassic Park concept set. Now people are flaming the hell out of everybody else. I've got me some popcorn and a front row seat to children breaking down emotionally... does that make me a bad person? :yes:

EDIT:

Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 10.52.10 PM.png

That video was sad on so many levels.

Quick- someone post a link to her video review of the Death Star set where she wears the slave Leia costume. That should cheer things up!

What do you guys expect her to do?  How many of you have multiple Cuusoo projects that you have put lots of time into?  Cuusoo bans her with no info.  She has a platform and she used it.  She didn't tell her fans to attack the guy.  Read her page. She has multiple posts tell her fans not to flame the guy.  She just wants them to contact Cuusoo and ask them for clarification/reinstating her account.

Guest eightbrick

What do you guys expect her to do?  How many of you have multiple Cuusoo projects that you have put lots of time into?  Cuusoo bans her with no info.  She has a platform and she used it.  She didn't tell her fans to attack the guy.  Read her page. She has multiple posts tell her fans not to flame the guy.  She just wants them to contact Cuusoo and ask them for clarification/reinstating her account.

I'm pretty sure she has an idea of what is going on. The fact that there are contradicting accounts by her of what happened just makes it look more fishy. As others have said, Lego would look into something manually and have reasons before banning a prominent user that has a project approaching 5000 votes. However, as much as I love reading the closest thing to a juicy gossip forum the Lego community is ever going to see, it's probably not the best idea to stir this up again. I'm not looking forward to reading a bunch more unintelligible death threats like on the Youtube page. 

Coming into this having no idea who she really is and no real concept of what happened, I would say the video felt like a "woe is me" attempt at gathering attention to her cause through pity. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's just my outside looking in perspective.

• Like 2