Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Starting August 29, 2023, US FBA will introduce these lower FBA rates for all items priced below $10. The new rates make it simpler for every seller to take advantage of lower fees on their low-priced selection, while providing the same, fast FBA delivery speeds that customers love. Any eligible items will automatically receive the low-price rates and will not be subject to 2023 holiday peak fulfillment fees that will apply from October 15, 2023, through January 14, 2024.

wow they are going to charge more for shipping items from oct to january or for 3 months 

• 2 months later...

Sold a tie fighter helmet a couple of weeks ago FBA. Noticed today that the buyer left me a 1/5 star review claiming that it was opened. They didn't try to return it, at least not yet. This set was minty fresh and definitely not previously opened and taped closed. This kills my 100% rating and more importantly has put my account at over 2% defect rate FBA. Anything that I can do about this? 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Sold a tie fighter helmet a couple of weeks ago FBA. Noticed today that the buyer left me a 1/5 star review claiming that it was opened. They didn't try to return it, at least not yet. This set was minty fresh and definitely not previously opened and taped closed. This kills my 100% rating and more importantly has put my account at over 2% defect rate FBA. Anything that I can do about this? 

This won’t be the textbook response but I had that happen 3 months ago. They even tried to claim against me but I disputed their story as it had a bunch of holes (first it was never received, then it was received but missing pieces, then empty entirely). They left a 1 star and my pubic response was to accuse them of being a fraudster trying to get a minifigure for free and I mentioned how Amazon denied their claim. My sales dropped a bit after but didn’t mind taking the hit to ruin a thief’s day

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, legorunner said:

I think you can get rid of the rating/review due to it being sold via FBA. I've had a similar review that was auto crossed out due to FBA as soon as I submitted the case/appeal. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, legorunner said:

If you're talking about feedback, just request removal of the comment.  Amazon has become very good about removing negative feedback for FBA sales lately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got this: [CASE 1374xxxxxx [Action Required] – Update Inventory -FBA

We can ignore even tho says required?

This is an email regarding FBA Offers for your Amazon Seller account. We are contacting you to let you know that you could be missing out on sales opportunities because of low/missing inventory for your ASIN offers.

We recommend that you inbound additional inventory for your products immediately. To view the recommended replenishment quantity for these ASINs, go to “Restock inventory” at the following link:

Just got this email titled  "You’ll soon be enrolled in Remote Fulfillment with FBA". Seems like Amazon is going to open my FBA listings to other countries. I know this could increase the sales but may have other issues, like returns or fraud etc..  

I have the option to opt out but want to hear what others thinking about this. Personally, I prefer to less hassle rather than more sales.

7 hours ago, freakchem said:

Just got this email titled  "You’ll soon be enrolled in Remote Fulfillment with FBA". Seems like Amazon is going to open my FBA listings to other countries. I know this could increase the sales but may have other issues, like returns or fraud etc..  

I have the option to opt out but want to hear what others thinking about this. Personally, I prefer to less hassle rather than more sales.

When I set up my FBA (long time ago) I did also check the box for international. (Can't remember the exact name of the program - Maybe FBA export)

Most orders were from south america, EU or the middle east.

Got a few sales here and there on expensive legos, but never got one returned or got any complaints. Feedback percentage was way higher than US customers.

Haven't seen any order come through in the last year or so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, freakchem said:

I had this turned on by default years ago.  I never had any problems with orders that were shipped overseas, but turned it off due to supplier limitations.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Phantom Toys said:

I had this turned on by default years ago.  I never had any problems with orders that were shipped overseas, but turned it off due to supplier limitations.

I worry about some sort of international tax issue. We used to get those notifications from Amazon about tax liabilities if we sold stuff to certain countries in the past.

4 hours ago, cobrakai said:

I worry about some sort of international tax issue. We used to get those notifications from Amazon about tax liabilities if we sold stuff to certain countries in the past.

I'm not sure if tax liability comes into play. These orders are shipped from FBA warehouse in the US directly to buyers in other countries and not shipped from FBA warehouses within the delivery country.

I might be wrong.

I have sold a few things to Canada at its always a pain in the a$$ with customs duty. Amazon automatically charges the seller duty while their FAQ states its the buyers responsibility.  Every time I had to fight for months going back and forth between reps showing them their own policy before getting refunded. I just stopped selling to Canada because it wasn't worth the hassle.

• 2 months later...

I wanna send in a 20 inch box (oversized) in a 30 inch box. Strictly speaking that is against amazon guidelines below since the lego doesnt exceed 25 inches. But are they strict about it? I already have a warning for having used a oversize box for my small lego sets. This might be different since its oversized.

image.png.efafc97f8235b143d8c80c03c4023a0c.png

4 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I wanna send in a 20 inch box (oversized) in a 30 inch box. Strictly speaking that is against amazon guidelines below since the lego doesnt exceed 25 inches. But are they strict about it? I already have a warning for having used a oversize box for my small lego sets. This might be different since its oversized.

image.png.efafc97f8235b143d8c80c03c4023a0c.png

Yes.  They are very strict about this and will hit you with a policy violation.  However, it’s unclear how many of those you have to get before they will actually do something more than send you a violation notice.

• Thanks 1

For years I actually naively sent in oversize boxes regularly and never received a warning about it.  I had so many oversized boxes from Target deliveries that I just used them -- 36x20x20 (something like that) and others.  Once I learned not to I stopped.  Then within the last couple years I sent in a bigger box again and received warning.

13 hours ago, redcell said:

Yes.  They are very strict about this and will hit you with a policy violation.  However, it’s unclear how many of those you have to get before they will actually do something more than send you a violation notice.

I’ve had them make me take a week off for a single violation.