BrickLink Wanted List

I have a question about BrickLink that I am hoping that someone more experienced might be able to help...

So I've put together a "Wanted List" on BrickLink (for pieces from the Taj Mahal), and was able to find a list of sellers who had the highest amount of "unique lots" on my list. Once I click on a store, there are two options for "mass adding" items into your cart: "Auto-Fill Cart Max" and "Auto-Fill Cart Min". Is there a way to add items to your cart using the quantity specified in your wanted list? 

Second question: I'm sure that many of you guys have BrickLinked sets at one point or another. So how do you decide which seller has the best "value" for the pieces, besides searching each brick individually?

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Easiest way I have found is to go to your wanted list after filling out the parts you need and clicking on the "by shop" tab.  This will give you a list in descending order of the shops that have the most unique parts that are on your list.  This will save you lots of money by finding shops that can fill most of your order in one shot.

• Like 1

Easiest way I have found is to go to your wanted list after filling out the parts you need and clicking on the "by shop" tab.  This will give you a list in descending order of the shops that have the most unique parts that are on your list.  This will save you lots of money by finding shops that can fill most of your order in one shot.

Yup this is definitely the best way to do this. Even with a small number of pieces, this is good since a lot of people have minimum sales.

I believe the auto cart min uses your list to decide how many while the max puts in the cart all that they have. I found by the shop method works the best you just have to go to each shop usually starting with the one with the most unique pieces. Unfortunately it doesn't show you by price but maybe when they update the software to the 21st century it will be less time consuming.

I believe the auto cart min uses your list to decide how many while the max puts in the cart all that they have. I found by the shop method works the best you just have to go to each shop usually starting with the one with the most unique pieces. Unfortunately it doesn't show you by price but maybe when they update the software to the 21st century it will be less time consuming.

Thanks Legodad71! I was always assumed "Add Cart Min" meant you would put 1 of each item in your cart. Saved me a few hours of pressing numbers to compare different stores.

Thanks, Huskers. I already knew this, but I'm sure that it will help some other member with questions! :D

Parts hunting on bricklink is about the most time consuming aspect of Lego collecting. That site is in serious need of an overhaul.

From what I know, BL was recently aquired by someone, and he is hoping to update the site a lot, but thus far, in the 3 months it has been in different ownership, I haven't seen any change. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Legodad71! I was always assumed "Add Cart Min" meant you would put 1 of each item in your cart. Saved me a few hours of pressing numbers to compare different stores.

Thanks, Huskers. I already knew this, but I'm sure that it will help some other member with questions! :D

From what I know, BL was recently aquired by someone, and he is hoping to update the site a lot, but thus far, in the 3 months it has been in different ownership, I haven't seen any change. 

If you spend some time on their site, they are giving updates.  They are meeting with the biggest sellers, and groups of people from all over the world. They have 15 people working on the site now.  It is a huge project, so don't expect changes in 3 months.  I appreciate that they are getting feedback, and getting a game plan together.  It may take a while, but I am sure it will be a great product in the end.

Parts hunting on bricklink is about the most time consuming aspect of Lego collecting. That site is in serious need of an overhaul

Totally agree.  I have around 70-80 parts I need and it looks like I might have to end up ordering from 5 different stores. Pain in the butt.  One of the techniques I use is find the rarest pieces first and go from there.