Amazon.com was down

spener90

Some people think it was hacked.  Either way, I would advise everyone to consider changing passwords as one is better off on the safe side of things.  Hopefully it was nothing, but in this age, who knows?

It wasn't hacked (I am a network engineer). Just the homepage was down. All the product pages were up.

All of your passwords are safe :)

It wasn't hacked (I am a network engineer). Just the homepage was down. All the product pages were up.

All of your passwords are safe :)

A lot of websites seem to have been running maintenance routines lately like what Shop-at-Home just did the other day so I'm thinking no hacking was involved unless there is a big news report about it.

If Amazon was hacked we would hear about it, and fast. It's too big to hide anything like that, and a major breach of that sort without full disclosure would do serious damage to their reputation and stock values. Remember all the heat Sony took when the Playstation 3 was hacked and they didn't notify people for 4 or 5 days?

If Amazon was hacked we would hear about it, and fast. It's too big to hide anything like that, and a major breach of that sort without full disclosure would do serious damage to their reputation and stock values. Remember all the heat Sony took when the Playstation 3 was hacked and they didn't notify people for 4 or 5 days?

Hey then they gained points by it only taking down the Playstation network for a Month or so. Thats not too bad right? RIGHT??!?!?!?

Amazon actually lost a sale to me during that time. It's crazy, 66,000 dollars lost per minute it was down.. or something like that?

I heard that the site was down for 30 min. If there were 66,000 dollars lost per minute that means Amazon lost about 1.98 million dollars. That is a lot of money.

Not to Amazon though. Chump Change. lol

Yeah really, it's like Bill Gates and Mitt Romney. They could lose a million dollar deal yet earn back that 'lost' money in a few minutes. Man, to think of all the Lego I could buy with that kind of cash.... :drool: I could build a freakin' mansion and live in that sucker!