Kmart update

I made a point to be at my local Kmart this morning when they opened with the hopes that their 50% off clearance sale would be starting since their last promo ended yesterday. No dice. What they have going on now is 10% off the clearance price and then then you get 30% back in points. Not terrible, but not as juicy as the 50% off sales we all know and love. This new promo runs through 8/24, so I will be back early next Sunday morning to see if they finally go to 50%. They ran the 50% sale over Memorial Day as well as the 4th of July, so the closer we get to Labor Day is when they will probably run it. My kmart is less than a mile from my house, so i have no problem checking in often. I hope this saves some of you some time and gas. Good luck!

• Like 3

Thanks, Terry, for the recon. Dumb newb frog question: Kmarts do their 50% off sale all at once, nationwide?

It happens pretty consistently across all my local stores.  I haven't heard any different reports when they run the sale.  One time they advertised it in an email and actually didn't run it.  I had our nice manager do price adjustments on everything and he honestly told me he received the same email and was confused.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was scouting the closest Kmart in my area and nothing scanned at clearance prices.  Even the stuff with clearance stickers scanned at full price.  Has anyone else had this be the case?  I haven't been hitting up Kmart much because of the success I have with Walmarts and Targets, but does anyone ever get good deals from them?  The only thing I ever bought there were about 20 of series 8 minifigures that were at .99 when I first started this summer.  Then they went back up to retail and sold out, go figure.  I really want the two weathertops they have, but I'm not optimistic I will get them.

So I was scouting the closest Kmart in my area and nothing scanned at clearance prices.  Even the stuff with clearance stickers scanned at full price.  Has anyone else had this be the case?  I haven't been hitting up Kmart much because of the success I have with Walmarts and Targets, but does anyone ever get good deals from them?  The only thing I ever bought there were about 20 of series 8 minifigures that were at .99 when I first started this summer.  Then they went back up to retail and sold out, go figure.  I really want the two weathertops they have, but I'm not optimistic I will get them.

Checked one of my 2 stores. Still showing 20% off clearance toys stickers all over. If they would just do 40% or 50% off my store would be killer.

Checked one of my 2 stores. Still showing 20% off clearance toys stickers all over. If they would just do 40% or 50% off my store would be killer.

My store has the 20% signs and some sets have stickers, but the store overall is such a jumbled mess I can't tell what is clearance and what isn't.  There are Uruk Hai and Weathertops mixed in the 2013 Advent calenders and the new city sets.  There is one price scanner on the other side of the store, but it says all of the items are full retail, even the ones with stickers.  Good luck with your store though.

My store has the 20% signs and some sets have stickers, but the store overall is such a jumbled mess I can't tell what is clearance and what isn't.  There are Uruk Hai and Weathertops mixed in the 2013 Advent calenders and the new city sets.  There is one price scanner on the other side of the store, but it says all of the items are full retail, even the ones with stickers.  Good luck with your store though.

At my stores they mark their clearance items with a yellow price sticker. They currently have their clearance items marked about $2 below retail price, so when the sale hits they should be a little above 50% off. They also have their clearance items in a separate aisle with all of their other clearance toys. I'm not sure if this is how they do things nationwide, but this is how my two are set up. Hopefully only one more week! Fingers crossed!

At my stores they mark their clearance items with a yellow price sticker. They currently have their clearance items marked about $2 below retail price, so when the sale hits they should be a little above 50% off. They also have their clearance items in a separate aisle with all of their other clearance toys. I'm not sure if this is how they do things nationwide, but this is how my two are set up. Hopefully only one more week! Fingers crossed!

They should be a little below 50% off when the sale hits.

I think he menu "above" as in more than 50% off.

My store has a clearance aisle, some shelves between aisle with a clearance banner and them two huge black plastic temp shelves in the middle of the big aisle literarly overflowing with stuff. The actual aisle are pretty neatly organized at this point.

They have Ninjago, M. Fighters, Star Wars, superheroes, Hobbit, The Mine, about 20 Spongebob sets including all 4 of the current sets, I think they may have even had some TMNT.

I've also got another store near me that had a decent amount of the same thing. Can't wait. I've been watching this stock for a couple of weeks. It doesn't look like they've sold anything. When I go to the store I can almost always park in the first parking spot closest to the door. I don't know how they stay in business.